Slug barrel for the cordoba

cutler686

Trying to make sense of this; one can certainly see where folks with creative imaginations could come up with an infinite amount of combinations of features for any model of gun from any gun manufacturer.

My only opposition to this position is that some imply that to not offer exactly what they want is somehow negligent or indifferent on Benelli's part.

To dream is great, but to imply professional negligence or apathy is unacceptable.

True motives are now coming out with the additional comments from the Benelli bashers;

"seeing that they are opposed to versatility and practicality and would rather see everyone buy 3 benelli shotguns"

This is the heart of this little debate. Some folks are peeved that Benelli does not fit their perfect little world, and they have decided to make a helpful customer forum their personal soapbox.

If you continue to use this forum to promote your personal agenda, you will continue to get opposition from me at least.

I have purchased 100's of firearms over the years, and most were/are lacking in some desired feature that I thought important.

Browning does not make an open sight slug barrel for any of their shotguns. So, all those BPS & Gold shooters are SOL. Ruger does not make a pump or auto, although it would seem they could be prime players in that market and allow for support of USA made products. The list is endless.

I'm just a fan of business reality......I know of no Benelli employees here other than the moderators....

You newbies need to read old posts before you come here and lay down baseless accusations....

Like I said before, you get what you pay for here :D

mudhen - CA

for instance.... in the family that is "Legacy, SII, Cordoba and SS", where is the option for a non-compensated field barrel along with Comfortech?

I am with Tucker and Mudhen.

If ya want a field gun get an M2 it has all of the Bells and whistles available that you are looking for.

You can get sliug barrels, comfortech etc for it.

And best of all it is not ported.

just my 2 cents worth on this issue.

Originally posted by dagrizz:

quote:
for instance.... in the family that is "Legacy, SII, Cordoba and SS", where is the option for a non-compensated field barrel along with Comfortech?

I am with Tucker and Mudhen.

If ya want a field gun get an M2 it has all of the Bells and whistles available that you are looking for.

You can get sliug barrels, comfortech etc for it.

And best of all it is not ported.

just my 2 cents worth on this issue. AND less expensive to boot!!!

it really does seem imho that if you don't look "above" the M2 at other lines of benelli shotguns and get enraptured by certain features that one could be satisfied "right there" and look no further.

but if one wants MORE then you are left wanting at present IF you desire a particular basic configuration.

(such as obtaining field barrel in conjunction with comfortech)

like I said previously... the incentive to "upgrade" to a more expensive Benelli seems minimal and the sell difficult if left to features and function.

I actually have faith Benelli will recognize the holes currently in basic available configurations (and corresponding marketing) and address them properly.

and prosper in doing so.

Originally posted by cutler686:

wile reading some posts here i am wondering if the lower the member number the more likely that the individual is employed with Benelli somehow.

seeing that they are opposed to versatility and practicality and would rather see everyone buy 3 benelli shotguns.

i am considering the fact that this forum is a good sales pitch for this companty and not a room to post conversations about shotguns.

to be honest I wasn't much under the impression mudhen and others were employees. (much to rude and as such usually not appropriate representatives)

you will ALWAYS find "fans" a bit difficult at times regarding their object de amour. it only figures since "fan" is based upon "fanatic. starts to make sense when you realize this.

I will say up till the last few lines, I can't find much fault with mudhen's last post. then of course he needs to resort to teh "newb bash" which is a viable trolling tactic but falls far short in this instance. (trolls like tweakers might at times bring slight amusement or momentary distraction from boredom, but in general bring teh suck. and I have seen nothing in his other posts in this thread to believe he is little more than playing troll. meh, too each their own, I find it rather droll)

back to "fan"....

I am a bit of a Steeler "fan" since I will always root for them regardless of opponent. BUT I will at the same time recognize their weakness and overall capability and not say they are the greatest when otherwise.

I have driven Jeeps for a couple decades, having owned a few of them. Fan? meh... tell me how many other SWB convertible 4x4's there are out there and we'll talk about it. it can still be said I am "a bit" of a fan in this regards as it is emotions and not need or logic that drives the desire to own such a vehicle in the first place. I can still identify shortcomings and areas for improvement regardless.

these regulars are hanging out on a brand based firearm website. fans? huh, go figure.... I would expect little else.

irt mudhens last post:

there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism of a company or product. I for one am not "bashing" the brand but identifying and addressing what I consider a viable issue.

if not for such things there woule be little room for improvement and why would anything ever change?

btw, I've already noticed issues in other brands as you've mentioned and am surprised at some (not all) of the holes there are. I would be interested in market data but only have access to limited voluntary customer questionaire type info.

I still say there is a viable market in the 1k-1.4k QUALITY semi-auto field/range cross over and a mixure of cordoba and legacy would be a nice addition. (with a possibility for that RS barrel. hey, had to get it back on topic somewhow ;) )

Originally posted by mudhen:

I have purchased 100's of firearms over the years, and most were/are lacking in some desired feature that I thought important.

mudhen - CA

what is especially nice in this day and age is a public "forum" to bring up such issues. I am not familiar with this particular one but I do know of others from which manufacturers are swayed because they gain important insight and informantion. this might not be true here, (but also might be. I really just don't know) but it is a good thing and so is the internet overall. prior to this they would have to rely on "professionals" and limited feedback avenues.

unless you were a "pro" how would address those lacking features or other issues? write them a letter? great... depending on company and who ended up getting it, those probably ended up on a blind persons desk.

seems most changes to firearms were brought about by conversations amongst individuals in the profession and their exposure to the public depended more upon their particular socializing. other than that, it would be bob talking to jim about * over a cup of coffee at the cabin or such.

speaking of which... there are some minor improvements that could be made to the benelli website, but they are minimal compared to most of the competition and in general it is well done. (one that sticks out as an example of needing substantial improvement is Brownings. fluff is looking good along with information and substance, but form and product presentation is hurting BADLY)

Originally posted by Saguaro Kid:

KoolBreeze check this out...

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1579.html#000000

^^ i think thats funny how they jumped all over you (No offence)

……but anyway I didn’t start this thread to bicker like little old ladies, I love my Cordoba.

There was just something on my local news last night brining up the idea of making my hunting area “shotgun only”.

This about 2 weeks after I buy a cordoba…go figure

Well anyway the Cordoba is a great firearm but again I really wish it had a slug option

smile.gif

A quick look at www.benelli.it may provide some answers.

I don't see a Monte or SS slug type barrel in their line up.

They do have slug barrels, but in the M1/SBE style of barrel.

I am guessing, just guessing, that Benelli USA is somewhat limited to what Benelli Italy produces.

Same for Browning. Browning Europe has the new Phoenix line, and Browning USA now has the Silver Hunter line. Both lines combine the X2 and Gold features.

Europe before USA I guess!

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

A quick look at www.benelli.it may provide some answers.

I don't see a Monte or SS slug type barrel in their line up.

They do have slug barrels, but in the M1/SBE style of barrel.

I am guessing, just guessing, that Benelli USA is somewhat limited to what Benelli Italy produces.

Same for Browning. Browning Europe has the new Phoenix line, and Browning USA now has the Silver Hunter line. Both lines combine the X2 and Gold features.

Europe before USA I guess!

mudhen - CA

great idea and tks for the link.

I knew the czech site of CZ offers variations on their firearms (and no listed shotgun options since those are actually made by a different manufacturer) not found on the USA site also so I'll have to czech it out.

and while I was curious about the "US" market, now I'm a bit curious about the foreign/european one. I was under the impression many parts of the world had rather limiting legislation on firearms that would in turn limit the market.

Originally posted by cutler686:

quote:
Originally posted by Saguaro Kid:

KoolBreeze check this out...

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1579.html#000000

^^ i think thats funny how they jumped all over you (No offence)

……but anyway I didn’t start this thread to bicker like little old ladies, I love my Cordoba.

There was just something on my local news last night brining up the idea of making my hunting area “shotgun only”.

This about 2 weeks after I buy a cordoba…go figure

Well anyway the Cordoba is a great firearm but again I really wish it had a slug option

smile.gif I :heart the internet. :D

so the "shotgun only" is now spreading to wisconsin? bummer. I remember growing up in PA talking smack about the issues Ohio had on that subject. Of course it just added more justification to the title "flatlanders" many had coined for our neighbors.