Nova fore end rattle

mudduck088

Has anyone come up for a fix for the rattle on the nova yet?

I am looking to take my new nova on a turkey hunt or 10 this year. any help would be appreciated.

Also has anyone uset the H.S. undertaker and had good results in this gun and if so what ammo were you using?

Edited by mudduck088
added question

I just put two small pieces of sticky back velcro inside the forend front (that comes along side the barrel to mag tube lug) and at one point in the rear, just inside the forend itself. It stays put, and when the forend is racked forward, it's quiet, no rattle.

Seems to stay in place well and it's quiet.

Hard to decribe but it works well.

Paul

Your welcome

Actually, it's two small strip (not very big, on each side that comes along the barrel/mag tube lug. I was surprised that it has stayed in place over 50 shots but, my original intent was as is your case, to quiet the forend for Turkey hunting and it has served the purpose.

I don't know that Benelli just didn't consider this important but for Turkey hunting and coyote etc., I think it is....at least to the extent that I wanted to see if I could quiet the forend down with a little bit of velcro. I just don't like putting out sounds that should not be out there when hunting critters that are sensitive to such things. Which is about anything we would hunt possibly with the exception of birds for which it is pretty much a non issue.

I am sure there are other fixes that have been thought of, but I just wanted simple and effective and not change the gun per say.

Paul

Your welcome

Actually, it's two small strip (not very big, on each side that comes along the barrel/mag tube lug. I was surprised that it has stayed in place over 50 shots but, my original intent was as is your case, to quiet the forend for Turkey hunting and it has served the purpose.

I don't know that Benelli just didn't consider this important but for Turkey hunting and coyote etc., I think it is....at least to the extent that I wanted to see if I could quiet the forend down with a little bit of velcro. I just don't like putting out sounds that should not be out there when hunting critters that are sensitive to such things. Which is about anything we would hunt possibly with the exception of birds for which it is pretty much a non issue.

I am sure there are other fixes that have been thought of, but I just wanted simple and effective and not change the gun per say.

Paul

Great Idea

Has anyone come up for a fix for the rattle on the nova yet?

I am looking to take my new nova on a turkey hunt or 10 this year. any help would be appreciated.

Also has anyone uset the H.S. undertaker and had good results in this gun and if so what ammo were you using?

The one thing that didn't get anwered was about the chokes and loads that have been used in this gun.

I'm a first time turkey hunter so I can use all the help ideas and advise I can get.

That velcro thing was brilliant by the way I now have no, zero, zip for rattle in the fore end!

The one thing that didn't get anwered was about the chokes and loads that have been used in this gun.

I'm a first time turkey hunter so I can use all the help ideas and advise I can get.

That velcro thing was brilliant by the way I now have no, zero, zip for rattle in the fore end!

carlsons .650 turkey choke/ hevi shot #5 3 1/2