SBE II Recoil Pad

gooser4

I have a SBE II about 3 years old. I have had a problem with the recoil pad coming off. I have tried taping it on, RTVing it on and nothing seems to keep it in place very long. Finally the unthinkable happened yesterday and I lost it on the tide flat. Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping my new one when I get it in place? Thank you.

Some of the early models (which yours may be) had some problems with the recoil pads popping out.

Call Benelli CS and give them your serial number. They'll more than likely replace it free of charge with the improved pad.

Tip: If you'd like a shorter LOP, you want to request that the replacement pad be the 14" or 13.5" version.

It worked for me :cool:

Just an update, I contacted Benelli Customer Service and they sent me a right handed recoil pad so I am back in business. I recieved it today. The left handed recoil pad is factory back ordered for 2 months. Very happy to have my SBE II back in functioning condition.

• 1 year later...

At the end of this year's water fowl season while cleaning my two year old SBE II, the recoil pad seem to come off too easily. Upon closer look, the plastic insert from inside the stock had come loose and was still attached to the recoil pad (make sense?). I separated the plastic piece from the recoil pad and super glued it back inside the stock. After letting the glue set for a day I reinstalled the recoil pad. Since then, I've put a hundred or so rounds through the gun at the range with no problems, but I'm concerned about the upcoming season. I don't want the thing coming apart on me. Any ideas or suggestions?