SBE II POI and Cast

takemnow

Have a new SBE II that patterns POI consistently several inches to the left of center from the point of aim. I shoot right handed. Did the pattern with mod Benelli choke and factory load # 8 Winchester target loads at 30 yds.. The amount of shot above and below the center of impact is perfect. Since the gun shoots to the left, I am crushing targets flying right to left. Of course, I have more difficulty with the left to right birds as a result.

To be honest, I don't want to have to think about which way I am shooting and have 2 different leads stored in my head depending on which direction I am shooting. I am a wingshooter and want the gun to shoot where I look.

I have searched posts here and am well aware about the shim kit modifications, but that would only help me if my POI was Hi of Low. The gun is already set up with "cast on" from the factory.

Anyone have any suggestions as how to correct this problem?

THANKS!

Actually, if you read your Owner's Manual carefully (and I do mean carefully because it's very confusing), you will find that you have "cast" shims as well as "drop" shims. It's a relatively simple procedure to install the shims, so I would suggest that you try them out and see if it helps.

Thanks for the advice. The cast shims are only DX (cast off for Rt hand shooter) and SX for left hand shooter ( cast on). Those are your only cast options and the gun is already cast off for a right hander. Problem is I need more cast off than the shim provides since I am still shooting to the left of the point of aim.

Regarding the chokes- I thought about it but I gotta say that I don't think I should have to invest in other choke tubes after spending $1500 for a gun.

This is the age old problem of buying a gun off the rack- they fit the average guy and they don't fit everyone else. Wood stock guns can be modified, as I have with my old Browning 425 sporting clays. Synthetic stock- you are stuck with the shims that you have and that is it.

I may have to sell it and get a wood stock field gun and modify accordingly.

I appreciate the posts and am open to any other ideas anyone may have. I really do like the gun in terms of the balance, swing, less recoil ( yeah that comfortec stuff really does work) and ease of breaking it down. I would hate to get rid of it.