supernova problems

supernova

i have a 4mo. old supernova barely 3 boxes through it ,i have had 13 misfires mostly on first shots and 3 hangfires .here`s the problem the pump forearm falls 1/8 of an inch the bolt is locked up in the chamber but when the pump falls it separates the bolt assembly from the bolt by 1/8 of an inch . the primers dented lightly so the firing pin is short striking because of the separation . gun is spotless and not overly lubed. i have always owned beretta guns and never had trouble now i`m thinking i should take back the supernova as i am very dissatisfied need some advice .ps i baught it after very much research and reviews.

the problem it sounds like is the same one i had. you just have to make sure that the forearm is all of the way forward. there is enough play there so that if it is pulled back at all, it will not hit the primer hard enough. when you shoulder the gun, make sure the forearm is all of the way forward, problem fixed.

so your saying that i should have have to hold the pump arm forward to have to shoot:rediculous, when i pick up my gun to shoot at waterfowl i should not have to worry if im holding the pump enough so it will shoot. i have been hunting for 32 years with pumps and semi and i can honestly tell you that i have never had to hold an action closed to fire.take a supernova apart and you will see that the pump relrase latch does not hold the bolt assembly forward enough to ensure a proper firing pin strike,thus the 1/8 of an inch difference . 1/8 on a firing pin not striking is just not acceptable not to mention dangerous . so, benelli, simply perfect: i think not will be exchanging the gun for something reliable. oh and benelli customer service worst ever.i have been waing for a call back for 5 weeks now and when i call i get "he has recieved your message sir and will call" f#$@% bull$%^&. benelli simply selling that`s it

I have been hunting since I was 11 (48 now) with multiple shotguns pump types -Winchester, Mossberg, Remington and so on- and never a issue with action lock up.

It is unacceptable to have to conscientiously remember to hold the action bar forward in all shooting situations. Each gun should be able to point and shoot – safely.

I haven't noticed this type of problem with the Nova's so, it appears that it may be specific to some of the Super Nova's ?

So, the bolt falls out of battery on it own...? Not good.

Please update us on when one of you learn what Benelli does to remedy or if you can, what action is taken to correct the problem.

thanks

Paul

The SuperNova has only been in the states for what two years now. I bought my first in Feb of 2008 and my second last month and both were CC dated. Both were SN Tactical's with the pistol grip and neither have had one non-opereator error caused FTF. My original SN had 2,000 rounds through it and my new one has had maybe 100 shots.

Both could be cycled and fired without having even a hand on the forend. But during quick shots if the action bar wasn't fully returned all you got was a click.

Heres some food for thought:

1- Where did you buy the gun? If it sat for a while where everyone and there dog cycled it and dry fired it that isn't good.

2- Are you for 100% sure fully cycling the action?

3- I have had two SN's that worked flawlessly and two random guns had issues this is by no means a Benelli reliability problem.

been trying to reach benelli for 5 weeks to no avail just want rid of the benelli and all the headaches that go with it.the bolt doesn`t fall out of battery it is perfectly locked up. bolt housing assembly falls away from the bolt by 1/8 of an inch causing the light firing pin strikes

1. from my dealer of 18 years new in the box 2.yes i`m not an idiot3. do some research like i did the misfires are an ongoing issue people are being fed crap like: must be the ammo "are you sure you pushed the pump far enough ahead:some primers stick out further than others all crap benelli needs to address the issue the release latch does not hold the bolt housing ahead far enough to engage firing pin. by the way i spent 8 years in the canadian infantry i know guns

sounds like yours is looser than mine. mine does not fall out of battery, i have to pull back on my forearm for it to come out. sounds like mine is tighter than yours, and it is not on all of them, my buddy has one and does not have the problem. maybe something needs to be tightened up or something.

I returned my Super Nova to my local Benelli dealer. They were sympathetic to my situation with the misfires. Especially, after I showed them the three different shotguns shells that had light strikes. They inspected the shotgun and concurred that there was an issue. They graciously offered to exchange, return or issue an in store credit. It helped to know than others were having the same condition. Thanks Supernova.

These are the first two problems I've heard with the Supernova's. THAT SUCKS!!! Novas and Supernovas are tanks in my experiance and in others. Sorry to here about your guys problems. I agree that any gun should have that problem. Good luck and let us know what you do.

1. from my dealer of 18 years new in the box 2.yes i`m not an idiot3. do some research like i did the misfires are an ongoing issue people are being fed crap like: must be the ammo "are you sure you pushed the pump far enough ahead:some primers stick out further than others all crap benelli needs to address the issue the release latch does not hold the bolt housing ahead far enough to engage firing pin. by the way i spent 8 years in the canadian infantry i know guns

I wasn't saying your an idiot, and I never said it was an ammo issue because I know that has no effect what so ever.

My point was that I owned two that were fine alot of people here have them and all of a suddedn two have issues and now Benelli is junk, nope.

It seems from other boards that the Super Nova has a problem, mine included. I have tried different shells, held the slide to make sure it was closed before I fired, striped the gun and cleaned it. Still the pin will dent some shells and not fire. I am sure someone from Benelli reads these boards. How about some input, as to how we can get the pin assembly replaced with ones that fire. Stand behind your guns and help those who have bought your products.

no not junk ,there are duds from everything manufactured what i`m saying is their backing of their product and their customer service beyond bad unacceptable

If they are truly messing with you and claiming it's an ammo problem then yes I would have issues also. I guess my only complaint about Benelli CS is that they had no idea that SuperNova Tacticals with the pistol grip use a bolt and different stock tube than the common recoil spring tube found on the ComforTech and regular stock. But they sent me every part they did show and the tech guy gave mew his own extension # and offered any help he had.

It sucks that you've had bad C.S. with Benelli. I've been following this thread prior to shooting my newly aquired used Supernova. I got a little worried that I might have bought a lemon because my SN is practically like new in box and I picked it up for a very good price.

Brought it out yesterday and shot several different brands of shells without a hitch. Hopefully Benelli will fix their CS issues with you.

Good Luck!

i have to pull back on my forearm for it to come out.

There is a joke in there somewhere, but Ill let it go. :D Seriously though, I have the same issue. However, so far, it seems to have had no effect whatsoever in terms of "light" primer strikes. But, Murphys Law and I are well aware of each other, so.....guess Ill have to keep my fingers crossed on this one.

Suddenly, I dont feel too bad about "replacing" my SN tactical (now, an occasional shooter) with an 870P.

There is a joke in there somewhere, but Ill let it go. :D Seriously though, I have the same issue. However, so far, it seems to have had no effect whatsoever in terms of "light" primer strikes. But, Murphys Law and I are well aware of each other, so.....guess Ill have to keep my fingers crossed on this one.

Suddenly, I dont feel too bad about "replacing" my SN tactical (now, an occasional shooter) with an 870P.

I actually went the other direction and replaced my 870 because it was locking up and failing to eject empty hulls constantly. I have owned 2 Supernovas and have not had a single issue with either of them and I treat them like complete crap. I traded my first one in on the 870 because I wanted to own an American made gun but, I guess I got a lemon because the "super infallible mostwonderfulshotgunever 870 police" was TOTALLY unreliable for me. Bad guns get made sometimes by every manufacturer.

What is this I read about the SN Tacticals with pistol grips having a different assembly than the C.T. stocks?

Can anyone elaborate?

The SUperNoava when originally equipped with the Pistol Grip uses a diiferent stock rod than the Standard or ComforTech models. The CT and standard model use a dummy recoil spring tube with a stud on the end just like the M2 and M3. The PG uses a rod with notches for the collapseable stock that was in the works but never made it stateside. This rod also uses a bolt that threads into an insert in the rod also.

So a note to anyone with a PG SuperNova don't mess up the rod or insert because you cannot get a new one.