Recoil.....

leftyone

You guys that complain about the recoil of your new Benelli....are you serious?? I'm tired of hearing the recoil on this gun kicks my a$$. If that's the case, buy a 20 ga. I have a SBE 2 and I have shot 3" slugs as well as 3.5" BB for goose this year. this gun kicks no more than any other I have shot or owned.

Sorry I just needed to vent

well i have shot a lot of semi shotguns and i am sorta happy with my m4 but that is the first thing i noticed that it had quite a bit more recoil than my browning gold or my 1187 but it was also a lot lighter and my other ones were gas driven and this one is enertia driven , but there is a lot of hipe that the benellie is the softest shooting gun i would have to dissagree BUT like you said it is a shotgun you would have to expect some kick ,

Benelli has done themselves somewhat of a disservice by over-promoting their recoil management systems, but that's marketing I suppose.

The plain and simple fact is that recoil is a very simple matter of physics, and that weight and redirected gasses are the only proven ways in which actual recoil can be reduced before it reaches the butt end of the weapon.

Pads reduce felt recoil or the perception of recoil by helping to amortize it over time and space, but it's still there. It has not been somehow magically removed.

I agree that there are people who perhaps should not own or shoot shotguns, but the same can be said for drivers of automobiles and other consumer products in a free society.

Look at automobile marketing.

Do they advertise the realities of being stuck in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic or cruising along the beltway at a snail's pace?

No, of course not. Instead, they show a man beating back the boredom of his existence by taming an otherwise empty winding mountain road, utilizing the car's massive horsepower and finely tuned suspension.

All that said, I am still a bit bewildered by those who insist on buying the Benelli Inertia gun and ignoring the manufacturer's recommendations regarding minimum loads. They then complain because their high-priced shotgun won't function properly at the range with their dainty trap loads, as if it were designed to do so.

well i have shot a lot of semi shotguns and i am sorta happy with my m4 but that is the first thing i noticed that it had quite a bit more recoil than my browning gold or my 1187 but it was also a lot lighter and my other ones were gas driven and this one is enertia driven , but there is a lot of hipe that the benellie is the softest shooting gun i would have to dissagree BUT like you said it is a shotgun you would have to expect some kick ,

I hate to disappoint you, leftie, but your M4 is not inertia driven it is gas-operated (if you really do own one:eek:) so, you don't have a hidden agenda, do you?:confused:

i am new at this it is an m2 and i have no hidden adjenda sinply telling the truth i like the gun , if i can get it to stop jaming coming up the elevator i would brag it up , i was just making a comment about the recoil not that it is that bad but that it issent all its made up to be

Sorry, leftie, you post derrogatory comments and don't know the basics about the gun including the operating system or even the model!!! I'm not gonna let that slide without a comment.

There are a lot of "Benelli-Bashers" out there who do have an agenda; they hate Benellis!:(

I don,t know about any other guns benelli are not . I owned a gun shop and have shot a lot of shotguns and i,m also a large framed guy and other than a ithaca 37 light weight this m2 field with a 21in barrel is the hardest kicking gun i,ve ever shot , but it is also the lightest 12 ga i,ve ever shot and i,d rather tot this gun all day than a heavier one that kicks less , now if i was sitting in a blind i,d have to reconsider .