SURE-CYCLE SYSTEM (SRM)

dr_grumpy

I learmed how to clean my Benellis back in 1991.

About once a year, I tear down the recoil assembly, polish the inside of the recoil spring tube, check the recoil spring and replace if necessary.

No problems in the last 14 years or so.

I'm sure the SureCycle works, but so does regular maintenance.

I do like the SS mag tube kit though - I have that in all my Benellis....

mudhen - CA

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will give it a whirl! Problems I've been having include very slow cycling or action sticking back so I have to slam the action forward....happens every other shot which isn't very helpful in practical shotgun comps!! Mag parts look good - but in UK we don't have a limit on mag size so I've got a 16 round and an enormous 22 round tube.....great for long field stages but not close tactical work!!...and I think they only make 8 rounders?

I agree with Mudhen. Cleaning and oiling go a long way. Just because something is aftermarket doesnt mean it's better, but I'm sure the local shop will appreciate your patronage. The "competition" Sure Cycle spring may help feed, but if the gun is too heavy it will certainly slow the action. Why people refuse to oil the internal workings of a gun is still a mystery to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by mudhen:

I learmed how to clean my Benellis back in 1991.

About once a year, I tear down the recoil assembly, polish the inside of the recoil spring tube, check the recoil spring and replace if necessary.

mudhen - CA

Yep, that is good regular maintence that very few people do. I admit, I tried to get the tube off my SBEII and put it away for the summer and couldn't, so I skipped it. I hope I don't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...