I need to sell my M4, how much?

ChrisBinVA

Guest cleefurd
I bought new in 2006, never shot it, has 3 position colapsable stock, but not the extension tube. How much should I get these days? Any help appreciated.

Brace yourself... pass rush, and you're the QB. That ball is worth 2K minimum, and I'd not consider that gouging, since the gun is worth $1450 on a "fair-for-all-day", and the stock would cause a small frenzy for the other $550. So start at 2K with a clear conscience.

Guest cleefurd
I would say at least 2K.Maybe 2500+ if you have time to wait for a buyer.

In my previous post I mentioned the merit of 2K... but looking at the upper end of marginally sane trends over the past few weeks lends credibility to the $2500 realm. Here's how I got there;

$1599 for the gun (any higher is a shame)

$800 for the stock, sad sad sad but beginning to be the norm

So as Sneaker astutely stated, the right buyer will kill 2 birds w/ one stone and be done with it for a figure approaching that.

I'd still lean towards the lower (2K) mark though just on principle if you can afford to. At any price, if you sell it, and don't go to jail then we are still FREE men, and I applaud the transaction. Hope sanity prevails, and we all buy and sell at will for generations to come.

Thanks cleefurd. I'm new to this forum, trying to get a lead on an M4 for sale. Monday, two were purchased as I was trying to get details...day late & dollar short. I called almost 160 Benelli dealers Monday and found five 11707 models, all in desert camo with fixed stocks. I'm really after one like ChrisBinVA posted, preferably NIB with all papers or LNIB.

Guest cleefurd
Thanks cleefurd. I'm new to this forum, trying to get a lead on an M4 for sale. Monday, two were purchased as I was trying to get details...day late & dollar short. I called almost 160 Benelli dealers Monday and found five 11707 models, all in desert camo with fixed stocks. I'm really after one like ChrisBinVA posted, preferably NIB with all papers or LNIB.

I'm optimistic that the ratio of dealers contacted to guns available is not as bleak as the results indicate.

http://www.shootersjax.com/Benelli-shotguns.aspx ($1599 M4)

+

http://cgi.ebay.com/BENELLI-SKELETON...3A2%7C294%3A50 (? price)

(or)

http://cgi.ebay.com/BENELLI-SKELETON...3A2%7C294%3A50 ($700 )

____________________________________________=$2300

Edited by cleefurd

I checked with shooters.jax.com, and they sold the last one today. I tried to buy ChrisBinVA's and it was already spoken for. I barely missed out on two yesterday and have done the same today!

Don't worry you will find one. It was tough for me to find my M4 as well. If you must have one now you can try gunbroker.com This is a very popular shotgun right now due to the upcoming Obamanation.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this board, but about to put mine up for sale from all the frustration over the 922 rules. I bought it specifically for grizzly protection while doing remote float trips here in alaska... pretty much "sporting use" in my opinion... now it seems the gestapo already has a different opinion of my rights in a free nation... any of you guys got any words of wisdom for me to keep the thing? If I merely have "possesion" of some of these "scary" items like the collapsible stick and full length tube which would make it an "assult" weapon but havn't installed them on a new and unassembled M4 would that make me in violation? Spring is coming and my first float trip, I guess I need to stick with the trusty pump much as I've fallen in love with the Benelli's?

I'm new to this board, but about to put mine up for sale from all the frustration over the 922 rules. I bought it specifically for grizzly protection while doing remote float trips here in alaska... pretty much "sporting use" in my opinion... now it seems the gestapo already has a different opinion of my rights in a free nation... any of you guys got any words of wisdom for me to keep the thing? If I merely have "possesion" of some of these "scary" items like the collapsible stick and full length tube which would make it an "assult" weapon but havn't installed them on a new and unassembled M4 would that make me in violation? Spring is coming and my first float trip, I guess I need to stick with the trusty pump much as I've fallen in love with the Benelli's?

I truly feel sorry for you if you sell your M4 over fear of the ATF ... while hunting in ALASKA.

Show me a case where the ATF went out of their way and prosecuted someone for a 922r violation ... show a single case where 922r was anything other than an addon charge that was used when the book was being thrown at someone who was already doomed for much more serious violations.

Don't sell your M4.

It's the driving to and from the launch with it in the car, possibly flying on a commercial carrier, or even in my home should the "Obamanauts" get to feeling frisky enough. :eek: It is refreshing to hear your take on the 922r charges though... just not quite enough to offset the dissappointment I experienced when I found your web board while looking for directions to install my extended tube and collapsable stock when they arrive :o Of course nobody mentioned that there could be legalities involved when they were taking my money!

I know that when it comes to fly out float trips up here, shorter is WAY better. And when it comes to bears in camp, more ammo onboard is better...

I wish they'd let me help define "readily adapted for sporting use" is all....

Edited by chriso

i am looking to sell a NIB m1014, i believe i have the factory mag extension. $3,000 if i dont have the OEM extension, $3,250 if i have the 2 shot OEM mag extension. yes, this is the american flag collectors model. No, it has never been touched or worked on to make the skeletized stock collapse. please private message me if this is of interest. the last one i saw trade on this board was at $3,500, too much on my opnion and it did not have the mag extension.

________

**** games

Edited by tbone14s

Guest cleefurd
i am looking to sell a NIB m1014, i believe i have the factory mag extension. $3,000 if i dont have the OEM extension, $3,250 if i have the 2 shot OEM mag extension. yes, this is the american flag collectors model. No, it has never been touched or worked on to make the skeletized stock collapse. please private message me if this is of interest. the last one i saw trade on this board was at $3,500, too much on my opnion and it did not have the mag extension.

Is this it? http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Datejust-Mens-Watch-Steel-18K-Gold-16013-1985_W0QQitemZ370148052102QQihZ024QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem