SBE1 point of impact problems

Jimmie5

I have a camo SBE1- 26" (original owner) that I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with! I own Reminginton/Browning/Ithaca scatterguns that while I am a mediocre wingshoot, I still occasionally knock down a bird with. Originally, the SBE was hitting low and right. I changed from a "C" shim to a "B". No improvement. I changed to a "D" and was hitting about 5' low.

Went back to a "B". I talked to a Benelli rep. at the Bristol Outddor Expo and he said Benelli changed impact problems by rotating the magazine tube (requires heat). Not sure this procedure is within my capability. I am 6' with long arms (32" bow draw). I love the SBE and do not want to give up on it! Any suggestions? Thanks

5 ft. low?!

At what distance?

Have you let anyone else shoot the gun to see if there's a problem with your form?

Never heard of rotating the mag tube to change POI.

I suppose that if the mag tube was not fitted squarely to the receiver then it could have some bearing on it.

There have also been instances where the barrels are not threaded straight and the choke tubes go in at a slight angle.

Have someone else try the gun.

Don't tell them what to expect.

If the POI is still wrong for them, then call Benelli CS.

Originally posted by tucker301:

5 ft. low?!

At what distance?

Have you let anyone else shoot the gun to see if there's a problem with your form?

Never heard of rotating the mag tube to change POI.

I suppose that if the mag tube was not fitted squarely to the receiver then it could have some bearing on it.

There have also been instances where the barrels are not threaded straight and the choke tubes go in at a slight angle.

Have someone else try the gun.

Don't tell them what to expect.

If the POI is still wrong for them, then call Benelli CS.

Thanks - the 5' low was at 40yds (mod choke - steel #2's).... brought it back up with "B" shim.

[ 09-19-2006, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Jimmie5 ]