Benelli M1

Daveyduck

I currently shoot a Browning Gold Hunter 3" Auto with a 28" barrel. She's off to the gun dipping shop soon to get camoed.

I have a friend that is looking to sell a Benelli M1 3" Auto with a 26" barrel. He's giving me a good price and I'm interested in getting another auto shotgun. If it beats the performance of my Browning, I'd consider it my primary duck gun.

What are some thoughts on this M1? Better than the Gold Hunter? More reliable? Faster shooting? Comes back on target faster?

I have both and they both perform the same. The only trouble I have with the M1 is sometimes I pull trigger to fast before action has a chance to cycle fully and causes the hammer not to reset. Other than that they both handle the same. I do have a short barrel on the M1 24", at first I didn't like but after floating in a drift and hunting from layout it is the only way to go.