How long did it take you to get your shot gun?!?!

ffemtopy

:mad:I ordered my Benelli Supernova Tactical on Nov-15-08 and was told it would be 6-8weeks. Well week 8 comes up saturday so I called my Dealer and they called benelli. Its going to be another 1-2 MONTHS. Is this the type of ******** I should always expect from Benelli? Or do the italians just work when they feel like it?

If you are going to act like that do us a favor and buy something else so we don't have to see you again. You can thank the BS election for most delays on this kind of firearm. Way too many people that had no money to pay bills magically had money to buy PG Shotguns and assault rifles. If you voted for Obama you are reason for the delays.

I've said this many times on this and other sites, but I'll repeat it again.

NEVER order a gun without a clear and concise understanding of a guaranteed ship date from the dealer.

By understanding, I mean that if the gun isn't in by xx-xxxx, then the deposit is refunded in full or a new date is negotiated.

Dealers have zero control over what's shipped when.

The best way to buy a new gun is to find a dealer who has it in stock and either go get or buy it online.

And last, but certainly not least, yes, Italians only work when they want to. :p

I've said this many times on this and other sites, but I'll repeat it again.

NEVER order a gun without a clear and concise understanding of a guaranteed ship date from the dealer.

By understanding, I mean that if the gun isn't in by xx-xxxx, then the deposit is refunded in full or a new date is negotiated.

Dealers have zero control over what's shipped when.

The best way to buy a new gun is to find a dealer who has it in stock and either go get or buy it online.

And last, but certainly not least, yes, Italians only work when they want to. :p

Amen to this tucker.

• 2 weeks later...

IF you ever order a gun off this, be very carefull to read up on the feedback of the people you are buying from.

a friend of mine ordered from a guy, waited the aloted time for the m/o to clear, waited and waited.finally called the guy. he told him that he didnt have gun in stoke that he ordered. but he cashed his m/o anyway.

he is still trying to get his money back,its been 6 months.

i ordered an EAA 10mm off there , it arrived at my gun dealer in 13 days.

AWSOME PISTOL, AND UNREAL POWER.

:mad:I ordered my Benelli Supernova Tactical on Nov-15-08 and was told it would be 6-8weeks. Well week 8 comes up saturday so I called my Dealer and they called benelli. Its going to be another 1-2 MONTHS. Is this the type of ******** I should always expect from Benelli? Or do the italians just work when they feel like it?

Man that's strange? I ordered my Montefeltro Silver 20 gauge that same week that you ordered. I was told it would take approximately two weeks... but, it arrived in ONE week! Must have something to do with what kind of gun? I ordered from Able Ammo (Ableammo.com). They are good folks and when I accidentally fell on my first outing with it and scratched the **** out of my forend, they got a new one for me in about a week as well. They are good folks that seem to have a "quick" line with Benelli.

My SNT took roughly 7 to 8 weeks to arrive from the time that it was ordered via the local gun shop. All of this after I was initially told "no more than 2 weeks or so."

Im almost betting, as has been stated before, that the whole "Obama" scare has something to do with the extended wait you are experiencing. Not to mention they are shipped from Europe.

BTW- From what I understand, these guns arrive in the USA by boat (certainly not a very expeditious transport method) and in, Im assuming, limited quantity. As there are, more than likely, many orders to be filled (particularly now) I could see such a wait as being possible.

Plus, lets be honest, the SNT and the like are usually not locally stocked in large quantities vs other shottys. The market/demand simply isnt as large when it comes to what might be considered a "specialty" weapon...particularly when speaking of Benelli. Hence, one more reason for waiting....and waiting....and waiting.

Luckily, after having seen the frustration of mine in regards to my Benelli experience, the shop I purchased my SNT through decided to start keeping more of them in stock.

Dont worry though. It will get here. Personally, Id just try to go on with your life and not worry about it too much (although I can, from experience, see how this can be difficult). Getting p*ssed off will only make the wait seem that much longer.

Edited by shotgunNoob

Man that's strange? I ordered my Montefeltro Silver 20 gauge that same week that you ordered. I was told it would take approximately two weeks... but, it arrived in ONE week! Must have something to do with what kind of gun? I ordered from Able Ammo (Ableammo.com). They are good folks and when I accidentally fell on my first outing with it and scratched the **** out of my forend, they got a new one for me in about a week as well. They are good folks that seem to have a "quick" line with Benelli.

I would definately think its that type of gun, he is looking for a tactical version after the election. Nothing sells guns faster than the fear of people losing them, one AR-15 rifle manufacturer is officially 100,000 rifles behind in production because everyone and their brother ordered one, so I would expect benelli is going through some of the same, especially M4s and the supernova tactical.

I would definately think its that type of gun, he is looking for a tactical version after the election. Nothing sells guns faster than the fear of people losing them, one AR-15 rifle manufacturer is officially 100,000 rifles behind in production because everyone and their brother ordered one, so I would expect benelli is going through some of the same, especially M4s and the supernova tactical.

Could be true....particularly regarding weapons such as the M4.

Its funny though, the SNT is really not that much different vs any other SN (essentially) other than the way it looks...oh and the unfortunate addition of the word "tactical" within its name. Maybe they should have just simply called it the "SuperNova-SP" (special purpose).:rolleyes:

Edited by shotgunNoob

This is a first for me to hear that type of delay at this time from benelli.

There's another possibility for the long delay.maybe the dealer is on some kind of grey list with benelli or something.All gun manufacturers have a list of prefered dealers and another for less prefered dealers.

Maybe you ought to try another dealer.

This is a first for me to hear that type of delay at this time from benelli.

There's another possibility for the long delay.maybe the dealer is on some kind of grey list with benelli or something.All gun manufacturers have a list of prefered dealers and another for less prefered dealers.

Maybe you ought to try another dealer.

Like AbleAmmo.com. Got my shotgun (shipped from Italy) in a week... but that was November. Who knows what is going on now?

It took me 30 minutes ... My friend called me, asked if I wanted to buy the m4 he had bought 3 days before ... I said yes, how much ... he said $1200 or $1150 or something ... I said ok, I'll be over in 10.

A quick trip to the bank and a half gallon of gas later, I had an M4.

It took me 30 minutes ... My friend called me, asked if I wanted to buy the m4 he had bought 3 days before ... I said yes, how much ... he said $1200 or $1150 or something ... I said ok, I'll be over in 10.

A quick trip to the bank and a half gallon of gas later, I had an M4.

Duggan You suck:)