SNT field strip problems

firecop71

I just got an SNT, and am trying to do an initial field strip for cleaning and familiarization.

I am having an issue though...

I am following the owners manual step by step, but whatever I do, I cannot get the trigger assembly off.

I removed the pins, and according to the directions, the assembly should just lift off.

However, mine seems as tightly on, as when the pins are in.

I just got off the phone with Benellis CS, who advised me to try pulling the assmebly forward before lifting, but that aint working either.

I have the pistol grip stock, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas ???

Thanks in advance.

OK, called benellis CS again after trying thier first suggestion and it not working.

This time I got a different person who told me I was taking it apart wrong.

She then goes on to explain that I need to take off the forend and the bolt before I can remove the trigger assembly.

I tell her that is the exact opposite of what the owners manual says, and as I expected it is not even possible to do.

So I am stuck at square one.

Cant get the triiger assembly off.

It seems like something is holding it on, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what.

Ive done the steps exactly as the owners manual says.

Ive watched 2 videos online where someone demos the disassembly procedure , and in both, take pins out and the trigger group comes right out.

????

Help !!!!!!!

I have a Supernova Tactical with a pistol grip stock and I had to loosen the buttstock a bit before being able to get the trigger assembly out.

I appreciate your help.

I had called a buddy of mine who told me that may be the issue, and I said "No:eek:, surely benelli wouldnt make a shotgun, that i had to mess with the stock just to field strip" .....but lo and behold, that was it.

Design flaw IMO.

It now requires that I carry additional tools, just to field strip. :mad:

I had called a buddy of mine who told me that may be the issue, and I said "No:eek:, surely benelli wouldnt make a shotgun, that i had to mess with the stock just to field strip" .....but lo and behold, that was it.

Design flaw IMO.

It now requires that I carry additional tools, just to field strip. :mad:

I wouldn't call it a design flaw at all. The nice sqaured off trigger guard that helps the SN look so nice butts right up against the pistol grip. Having no gap between the two is worth the effort in loosening it. Although if we ever get invaded and I need to field strip my SN in the heat of battle I might have a problem with the design.

I wouldn't call it a design flaw at all. The nice sqaured off trigger guard that helps the SN look so nice butts right up against the pistol grip. Having no gap between the two is worth the effort in loosening it. Although if we ever get invaded and I need to field strip my SN in the heat of battle I might have a problem with the design.

It is a nice looking gun, and from most accounts, a GREAT performing gun, and that is the most important thing in my list of priorities, but weapon maintenance in the "field" is an important thing for me too.

Not at home on the table, but in the field under less than ideal conditions.

If that isnt an issue for you, then it isnt a big deal, but for me, I now have to allow room in an already crowded ruck for a socket, just to field strip the gun.

Again, if that isnt an issue for you, consider yourself blessed.

For me it is.

Not too big of a deal, but just enough that I wish it wasnt set up that way.

No big deal, I do like this gun, so I will make the adjustments.

I was just venting, no reason to flame.

Sorry if you thought I was giving you a hard time.

It's just that over the course of putting 2000 rounds through my first SuperNova I only had to remove the trigger group twice. First after about 100 rounds to check it out and apply lube. The second was after about 1500 rounds and it looked like when I put it together 1400 rounds ago.

Sorry if you thought I was giving you a hard time.

It's just that over the course of putting 2000 rounds through my first SuperNova I only had to remove the trigger group twice. First after about 100 rounds to check it out and apply lube. The second was after about 1500 rounds and it looked like when I put it together 1400 rounds ago.

No apologies necessary.

And I appreciate all the info I got from these forums in the last few days.

Most every question I had, was covered before, so a liitle reading, and I was up to speed.

That update on the durability and reliability of your gun is reassuring to say the least, and I dont feel worried at all about my purchase after reading some of the reviews.

I do have a little bit of a concern about benellis customer service, considering what the second rep told me, but thankfully it looks like its hardly ever necessary to deal with them.

The alternative would be much worse, great customer service ratings, because youre dealing with them all the time:eek:.