new gun. what to get

waterfowler050

hey i own a mossberg 500 and use it for duck and deer but am looking to step up and go for an auto loader. i am left handed so the m2 left handed looks perfect. but before i go order 1 i want to make sure i am getting the best BANG for my buck. i looked at the browning maxus (still not out) and liked it but not left handed. tell me what you would do and any good guns you no of even if they are righteys. please reply. thanks.

Edited by waterfowler050

Buy a keyboard with a working Shift key.
Don't let this guy get to you too much. He's the resident "smart ass" (but, he does know his sh*t). I mean that in the most benign way.:D

For autoloaders, based on personal opinion and research, Id go with Benelli. In terms of which model, I cant say. This would be the place to find info on that, however.

BTW- If you cant find the answer(s) you seek here, try this link:

http://www.thehighroad.org/index.php

But, at the highroad, you might find that most are Remington fanboys. No offense whatsoever to those guys. It is a great website. Im just forewarning you.

Edited by shotgunNoob

Guest cleefurd
Buy a keyboard with a working Shift key.

With any leftover money, buy as much Benelli as you can.

M2 LH or SBEII LH.

At least the trigger on his keyboard is working, it did go "BANG" really loud in his openning post.....

Edited by cleefurd

But, at the highroad, you might find that most are Remington fanboys. No offense whatsoever to those guys. It is a great website. Im just forewarning you.

Most shotgunners are 870 fans. Probably 70% of internet 870 fans haven't even used any other pumps, but they still go about acting like it's the best pump in the world.

It's a fine piece, don't get me wrong. But it's popularity causes people to overlook other fine pumps. Ithaca 37, Browning BPS, Winchester 1300, etc.

As far as semi-autos go, honorable mentions would be:

Benelli

Remington 1100 and 11-87

Saiga 12

I can't really vouch for anything else.

I have the Lh m2 its good but i think i should have baught the sbe II I hunt geese and sea ducks i had the browning gold in 3.5 and it was great but it wasent left hand and I got powder blow back about 3 times so i went to a left hand gun but I think it was 300 or 400 in the differense of the m2 and sbeII does the sbeII have the bolt release on the right side as well or is it on the left side , thats a dislike of mine but ill get usto it ,