recoil

waterfowler050

i have a left hand m2 and it is a verry light sharp looking gun, saying that it does kick BUT it is a shotgun and i would not compair it with a pump shotgun it issent that sollid of a kick, it will do great on Ducks and 5 stand and like Tucker said you should be a shotgunner

Way back in the shotgun golden years when a person wanted to purchase a shotgun, they would borrow a Browning A5, shoot that a few times and then practise on a Remington 1100 and finish with a double barrel 12 gauge. Then on that magic day, a buddy showed up at the range with a Benelli and after a few rounds shooting the Benelli, our hero finally made his choice.

What's the differences from an A-5, 1100, double barrel and Benelli? That's what a shotgunner learns, so that when you finally make your choice you know what your getting, how it works and most importantly, what to expect.

Now prospective shotgunners order a weapon from the confines of their sleak office and after it arrives, start asking questions about; how to load it, how come it kicks so much, why does it rust after one season in the salt blinds and other neophyte stuff.

"Are you a shotgunner?" If you haven't taken the time to learn about your purchase, you're not.

As for recoil, that's sort of like playing football. The first time you are tackled, it hurts like the devil. As you learn the game and how to play it, a tackle becomes just another part of the experience. If you don't like to be tackled, buy a 20 guage gas operated gun and a box of tissues.

In all my years of visiting this sight, I am so totally amazed with the questipns on "How does it work?" and "Oh my God, it kicks! What's up with that?"

Don't blame President O'Bama if you can't figure out how your automatic coffee maker or new Benelli shotgun works.

I own a lot of different makes, models and shotgun firing systems and when that clay pigeon launches or a Pheasent flys up, who notices or even cares about the recoil. Come on you guys, "Cowboy UP!" My two most favorite shotguns are a Browning over/under and of course my beloved short stock 20 gauge Monty. When my friends have a "Show off your LE/HD shotgun" day at the range, out comes my H&K S90 M1 (Defense configuation).

you are left handed right so why would you shoot a right handed gun I learnt the hard way i am lefthanded as well and twice i was shooting in the wind and had gun powder blow back in my face i dont think its common but man it hurts so i soon learnt to buy a left handes gun we dont have many choices BUT the m2 or sbeII are the best bang i could see fore us lefties , but that is just my opinion

i havent heard to many right handers complain of the powder blowing back in their face with a right handed gun . but i guess it COULD happen and if an ***** was yellow would it be a bananna, sorry im just trying to help but you seem to be convienced already so good luck and dont say i didn't warn you ,

For Leftie:

A few companies like Browning and Ithaca and others make pump shotguns that eject and load, from the bottom. Recently I saw an automatic that also loads/ejects from the bottom and the bolt was on the left side (Remingtom maybe?). Unfortuneately all double barrel, over/unders and single shot shotguns are right handed only (just teasing). The only thing I have never seen is a left handed bolt action shotgun. Was I was 16, had a bolt action J.C. Higgins 16 gauge, tubular fed shotgun (fixed full choke) that was totally awesome but not to keen for a leftie. :)

Old Shotgunners typically have had neck surgery, or at least neck troubles in the cervical section and many have had detached retinas and subsequent surgery to fix that as well. Recoil is bad for your body and general well being. Plus, you can hit at reasonable ranges just about as good, or even better, with lighter loads and gauges, because now, your not flinching.

When you shoot guns thousands and thousands of times that kick right up there with high power dangerous game rifles it WILL have a detrimental effect on your health.

That being said, if your just shooting defensive loads in your shotgun, you'll be O.K. It's when your shooting max dram Trap loads year in and year out that you get in trouble. I only shoot full power loads in my M4 for defensive purposes. For practice and fun blasting I just shoot plain old 3dr 1 1/8 oz. 6's or 7 1/2's.

ya your right there are a lot of old time shooters at the club I go to and you can hear all about the neck and eye surgeries and most are from trap and skeet shooters that have been at it fore 30 years their face and arm act like a shock absorber , but we love it and wouldent have it any other way hey I guess we would be called SHOTGUNNERS I think that is a word from Tucker s dictionary :) lol

recoil is no problem for me and i weigh 115 pounds the only problem i have is shooting a magnum 12g slug but that was 20lbs ago

i wiegh 220, and i dont care to shoot magnum 12 ga anything unless im hunting. when your hunting you really dont notice the kick of anything. its at the range that you begin to notice these suckers are knocking the crap outa you.:p