"carriercomp" Marine Corps Days

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Just for fun, (except the gentleman who doubted)... no offense taken.:) http://photos.carriercomp.com/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=157835

The digital ribbons are not properly sequenced, the uniform was pre C/A (missing one medal) 0331/8531(M60 Machinegunner-Primary Marksmanship instructor) 1983-1996 Lima Company 3/9 , 1st MarDiv ---Lat Move to MATC Repair (expeditionary Airfield ground to air comm type 29 Palms CA), Honor Grad, MC Rifle Team 1998/2000/2001/2002/2003, USMC Pistol Team 1999, all in Quantico. Pensacola MATC repair instructor 2004-2005.

Edited by cleefurd

Looks like BETTER than OEM what with titanium parts and all.

OEM Parts will always have a certain cache to them because of there difficulty in obtaining and ,well, there Benelli OEM Parts. Kinda like the people that don't think a West Hurley Thompson is a REAL Thompson, or the Colt Koolaid Drinkers that can't understand how anybody might CHOOSE to own a Noveske over a Colt.

I'm going to sell my Benelli OEM Parts and buy the Titanium Mag tubes. Sounds like the Skeleton Stocks will be damn near as spendy as an OEM Collapsible though. At least, unlike the Benelli Stock at times, they will be available to purchase.

Again, I'm glad that someone is stepping up for M4 Owners and making the parts people need to exercise their Constitutional Rights.

Edited by johnnywitt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd
Yut!!!!!!!

I'll be danged!!! Italians are monitoring our Love Affair with their Benellis. Welcome!!! What if any shotgun do "you guys" favor from this side of the pond??

....wait, "you guys" might be persumptive". Is "sealawyer" a pseudonym for Navy Legal? Curiosity spike!!

Recon run! Go buy us some spare barrels. Be a short term exporter to your motherland sailor.

Edited by cleefurd

I'll be danged!!! Italians are monitoring our Love Affair with their Benellis. Welcome!!! What if any shotgun do "you guys" favor from this side of the pond??

....wait, "you guys" might be persumptive". Is "sealawyer" a pseudonym for Navy Legal? Curiosity spike!!

Recon run! Go buy us some spare barrels. Be a short term exporter to your motherland sailor.

:) It seems your deduction powers are at least as sharp as your tremendous machining skills! Yes, I'm a Navy JAG. I used to lurk on this board all the time a few years back, and posted a few times. The Iraq tour (where I spent some time with the Marines and joined the "CAR" club (and came back from, which is why I LOVE the Marine Corps)) and 2 PCSs in under 2 years put a damper on my many pasttimes...

The real kicker? I have an 11707 M4 and Franchi Renaissance Elite - both born here in Italy. I was unable to bring them back to their birthplace because Italy has a temporary ban on any importation of weapons (which includes even air soft rifles and police batons...). Apparently the argument -- "They just wanna go home!" didn't work... My wife's response when I told her I could take my shotguns? "Well honey, I'll guess you'll just have to buy some more when you get there..." Is she a keeper or what??

I've been here about 6 months and am LOVING Italy. Once I recover financially from the last year or so (and once I start getting paid for O-4), I definitely plan to plus up my gun collection. I'm told it's very difficult to do here as a non-citizen. I have to get a permit from the Italian consulate I think. I know a couple Italian lawyers who I'll be turning to for assistance on that. If you get a bead on some spares, I'm certain I can assist in getting them back to the U.S. I'd wager that shipping them via FPO is prohibited, but there's an Italian post office close to my house in Pozzuoli.

So I didn't get to bring my guns, but at least I got to bring my Vette. Driving it here is a TOTAL blast because they don't really enforce speed limts... :D

Guest cleefurd

Honestly I did "guess" BEFORE looking at your profile (which I did just 30 seconds ago). It was a lucky guess, and to think... I almost typed in "JAG" on that 1st post. Now THAT would have been lottery luck. I bought a 1974 FJ40 LandCruiser from a USMC Major back in 1984 who's initials were J.A.G., he later made the rank of General which was ironic. (useless trivia).

Honestly I did "guess" BEFORE looking at your profile (which I did just 30 seconds ago). It was a lucky guess, and to think... I almost typed in "JAG" on that 1st post. Now THAT would have been lottery luck. I bought a 1974 FJ40 LandCruiser from a USMC Major back in 1984 who's initials were J.A.G., he later made the rank of General which was ironic. (useless trivia).

Yeh, but don't ever make the mistake of calling a Marine lawyer a "JAG" -- if you do, the likely snappy response will be "the only Corps I'm in is the Marine Corps!" :) They're just "Judge Advocates"... Although I knew a USMC military judge whose vanity plate says "USMC JAG", which he catches a lot of flak for.

For some more useless trivia, category: name game -- one of my best friends is a guy I went to boot camp with (I was enlisted first) who was a FMF Corpsman. He got accepted to Marine Corps OCS but was injured in the line of duty before reporting so he got NPQ'd. His last name (which I heard screamed with incredulity before I even met him) is F-A-G-G -- said like it's spelled... His goal in the Marine Corps was to make it to Major, so he'd be Major Fagg, or even General, to be General Fagg. :D