Grey/blue M4 Receiver??

UNSC_WARRIOR

I've found a great deal on a M4 with tele stok. The guy has put 150 rounds through it and is selling it with a EOTech 512.A65/1, OD Green 1720 Pelican case and Otis shotgun cleaning kit. He's asking 2500$ CDN. Great deal but there's only one problem : the receiver finish looks blue-grey. Is that normal?

IMG_1054.jpg

Edited by UNSC_WARRIOR

The black anodizing will "fade" to a blue, gray, or even a purple color when exposed to the elements, especially bright sunlight. We used to see the exact same thing on the anodized scope tubes on sniper scopes in Vietnam, some of them turned out with Exactly the same color as shown in your picture.

I've seen one in person that was the same exact color. When I bought my M1014 they had 2 in stock, one was black the other had the blue finish. I thought it looked pretty cool, but I still ended up buying the black one. So, it's not the camera, that really is the color.

• 1 month later...
Asked the seller for more pics/details. He said that it looks all black in person. He recently dropped the price for the whole package to 2000$ CDN (that makes like 1550$ US these times). I'll probably pick that one up.

Dude, do it!!! I love my M4.