New BenelliUSA.com Site Launched

Admin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

................ :D

O.K., O.K... Touche' you guys win, I loose. You have beat me up good! It's hard for an old Uplander to keep up with you "Duckers." You guys is BADD! Just having fun guys... no harm done (although you may have intended to inflict it!) I have tough skin and appreciate very much what you dudes are able give for us with your contributions on this site. Peace?

Monty

Monty,

It's all very much tongue in cheek.

sdkidaho and I have been buds for a long time.

We both share a twisted sense of humor and we enjoy ribbing each other whenever we can.

One of the pitfalls of they typed word is that no inflection comes through.

We were just having fun, and we hope you were as well.

I can't call "peace" because there was never a war ;)

Edited by tucker301

Thanks, Tucker! And... while I got you "on the phone"... can you tell me how to take the front sight off my hunting buddy's Montefelto? I am wondering if we just unscrew the whole thing OR do we take the flourescent tube part out to get to the 3-56 screw? He wants a big-azz HiViz sight that he can see better. He's even OLDER than me... (...and I am "ancient!") Wouldn't want to screw his gun up.

I can't call "peace" because there was never a war ;)

Yeah, he said it very well. I can't think of too many people we've actually flamed on here. You'd have to be a pretty big w@nker for that to occur. And I don't know how much help "I" actually am as I consider myself a newbie to shotguns. All the expertise comes from guys like Tucker - not me. I'm just comic relief. ;)

That being said, you can't be "that" old, because I've seen pictures of Tucker and d@mn! He's OLD!!

And and just so I can keep it somewhat on topic - I still think it's an O/U!!

It's hard for an old Uplander to keep up with you "Duckers."

Monty

I ejoy the upland as well - here's my upland hunting buddy:

UliB4-26-08.jpg

UliChuckar10-7-05a.jpg

That's probably why I don't mind if the new gun is an O/U. I really enjoy shooting my O/U while I'm out upland hunting. It'd be nice to see Benelli come out with a quality O/U for that reason. Right now I have a Browning Cynergy - love it.

SDK, your dog is a beauty! I can't do an over/under, because I always give the birds a "warning shot," so I need more than two shots!!! (I tell everybody that's the "sporting way"... but we both know that the "warning shot" is just POOR SHOOTING!) Still, I get more birds on the SECOND shot... (I don't always get my cheek on the stock in time on the first shot I think!!!). Need more practice!!! Why don't you and Tucker invent a cheek-activated switch that fits on the stock that prevents the gun from firing unless the cheek is on it? You'll be RICH!

I have shot, for the last 42 years, a Belgium Browning Sweet Sixteen. At the time I bought it, it was the lightest upland gun on the market. Now that I'm older, I really appreciate the pound-and-a-half lighter Montefeltro! I can lug it all day and not get (as) tired. And the Montefeltro Silver that I bought in November is a piece of art as well. Love the way it looks, and the way it performs!

Have a goodun'

Yeah, I know what you mean. That Sweet Sixteen is just too heavy to carry. In fact, why don't you just send that to me and I'll make sure you never have to lug that heavy-weight around again!

I paid $385 for that Sweet Sixteen in ' 67. Since it's Belgium-made, it should be worth lots more. BUT, I am surprised that the gun is only bringing $700-$800 unless it's never been shot and in the box. Mines in good shape but it HAS been used. Guess I'll give it to my grandson... if I ever get one! (Both daughters are "professional" career persons.) If they don't produce, you can drive down here to Texas and pick it up upon my demise. I'll put you in my will. Are you prepared to prove that you ARE sdkidaho?

(Tucker's gonna' be pizzed!)

You can cross-check his DNA with the sample on file at Area 51... or with Ringling Brothers. :p

Glad you're not pizzed about the will. You don't want no wimp-gun like my Sweet Sixteen anyway, do you?

You know, he COULD reciprocate by willing me his beautiful dog, in the case that HE was first to go? He ain't gonna' do that, is he? Texas to Idaho is too far a drive anyway!

Glad you're not pizzed about the will. You don't want no wimp-gun like my Sweet Sixteen anyway, do you?

You know, he COULD reciprocate by willing me his beautiful dog, in the case that HE was first to go? He ain't gonna' do that, is he? Texas to Idaho is too far a drive anyway!

He does things for that dog that you probably wouldn't be willing to do.

As for the sweet sixteen, I believe there's already one headed my way, but I hope my Uncle takes his time in getting it to me.