SBE II

borders98

Yes, all new guns should have a limiter plug with them.

Did you look inside the magazine tube where it's supposed to be?

If you bought it from a dealer, go back and ask for one.

If not, then you can ask Benelli for one.

Meanwhile, if you need to go waterfowl hunting before you can get one, you can cut a 1/4 - 3/8 dowel rod to limit the magazine capacity to 2 shells (make sure to test with 2-3/4" and 3-1/2"), and use that.

I am by no means an expert, however, I believe the SBE II needs no plug since it holds three shells at most. My new SBE II has no plug.

You may want to recheck that.

A magazine capacity of three, such as the SBEII with no limiter plug installed, is illegal for migratory birds (except for Spring Snow Geese).

Strongly suggest reading the Owners Manual

+10000000

I wonder sometimes what kind of gun owning population we're building out there.

There's no excuse for not knowing your firearms, butt to muzzle.

I'm against more government control, but sometimes a firearms aptitude test for ownership sounds like the right thing to do.

+10000000

I wonder sometimes what kind of gun owning population we're building out there.

There's no excuse for not knowing your firearms, butt to muzzle.

I'm against more government control, but sometimes a firearms aptitude test for ownership sounds like the right thing to do.

I have to disagree with you there. Gun safety is a must. I'm not arguing that. I've been hunting for 30 years now, and have owned many guns. However, you don't need to know them butt to muzzle in order to safely operate one.

That's like saying you have to know how to change an alternator in your car before you should be allowed to drive one. Crazy.

If you have never had a magazine spring almost put your eye out cause you were to lazy to read the cautions and warnings then why even have a manual? HELLO!! I did not think i needed to read my manual but after about 2 hours of asking my self stupid questions i read it from front to back and i learned a lotta good to know ITALIAN Shotgun stuff, which most of it is completely different than an American Shotgun, all the more reason to RTFM!!:D

c10250,

You've owned and used shotguns for thirty years, yet you had no clue that YOUR SBEII came with a limiter plug.

That's amazing, in a very sad way.

I think you fall into the category of people who should certainly RTFM. Especially if you're going to give advice to others about it.