1014 SE questions....

Ls6man

Hi,

I'm new here and have a few questions about a M4 Special Edition (marked 1014 and has red flag on receiver) I came across recently.. I have a black M4 already which had to go back to Benelli in 2005 to have the barrel replaced ..so I'm more familiar with that model..

The 1014 I recently found is really low in serial # being like 0002 or something...I have been reading on here and have a few questions..

First the stock is the standard black pistol grip which I know it should be a collasible which is pinned..Second the barrel is the military no choke barrel which looks to be chrome lined..Is this correct?? The shot gun also has what appears to be a solid one piece mag tube, which correctly matches the barrel finish...Did some of the early 1014's have the military tubes installed on them?

Finally the shotgun price is $2100 and it appears to be in unfired shape, but without box or accessories...Good price??

Edited by Ls6man

The american flag m1014's (11701 technically I beleive) are centainly more rare now, especially in unfired conditon.

The stock is not "pinned", the recoil tube just isn't milled to allow the stock to collapse. You can purchase replacement recoil tubes that will allow you to collapse the stock for around $90.

As far as I know, all m4 barrels are chrome lined, I don't know why they wouldn't be. The 11701 barrels are fixed modified constriction, no changable choke.

It's possible that a gun that old has a factory 7 round tube, or perhaps the owner installed one from various aftermarket sources. You can tell pretty easily if it's factory, it will be rougher than the rest of the gun, the machine work on all the factory tubes I have dealt with was not very "fine" ... you could see and feel the circular rings in the tubes. Perhaps it was a LEO/Mil gun that someone is now selling, I don't know, for as long as I've looked at civilian m4s they have always come with a round tube+limiter as the stock config.

As far as price ... It's a mixed bag. By todays prices, it's probably a good deal. The collapsible stock alone is worth $700+ if you want to scalp it, an unfired low serial number 11701 is probably worth at least the same as the later, improved 11707 models.

Apparently M4s of all flavors are getting harder to get, so if you have the money and want the gun, I see no reason why you shouldn't do it.

Just to put it in perspective though, I paid $1190 I beleive for my m4 11707 3 years ago ... MSRP on new 11707s is $1600 with no collapsible stock ...

It's up to you.

hi,,,serial #s is only part of the package,,2100.00 is a bit pricy for missing this,,missing that,,no box ,,no papers,,,no stock,,knock off 1000.00,,I'm not bsing you,,shop the gunbroker and see what there going for,,invest your money on a full complete package set ,,,not some wishy whassy questionable BS,

Edited by M1014

hi,,,serial #s is only part of the package,,2100.00 is a bit pricy for missing this,,missing that,,no box ,,no papers,,,no stock,,knock off 1000.00,,I'm not bsing you,,shop the gunbroker and see what there going for,,invest your money on a full complete package set ,,,not some wishy whassy questionable BS,

i agree it is missing the correct stock..my guess is someone pirated the stock on Ebay....I was wondering if it could possibly have a factory extension on it as the tube appears to have the same color match as the shotgun..Most of the aftermarket tubes I've seen don't..Is there a way to tell a factory Benelli full length tube from an aftermarket?

Also the ones on GB are going for over $2k...I've turned down that much for my black 11707 M4...

Is the screw in choke barrel a better barrel or more desirable?

Greg

hi,,the M1014 Never Ever came from the factory with a full mag tube,,,second,,read duggans post on touchy feely of the mag tube,,it will help,some have US marked on them or something,about interchangable chokes,,at the time there where no choke choices,,fixed is what you got,,today I think is better,,interchagable is good,,seeya