M4 Pricing

birdie

I have the opportunity to buy an M4 with collapsible stock and Benelli extension tube, all new in the box.

It's from a relative and the price is $2500, he needs the money for other things.

I want to help him, and get a great shotgun in the process, but is that a fair price.

thanks.

That's pretty high.

Assume the gun is $1600 for a 11707 if you can find one, plus tax.

A factory full length tube, or even a +2 is worth a few hundred.

The stock is worth $500 at least, sometimes upwards of $800.

So while it's technically "worth" what hes asking, thats a lot of money for an M4.

I have the opportunity to buy an M4 with collapsible stock and Benelli extension tube, all new in the box.

It's from a relative and the price is $2500, he needs the money for other things.

I want to help him, and get a great shotgun in the process, but is that a fair price.

thanks.

in 6 months the same deal will be another grand.

in 6 months the same deal will be another grand.

If the current idiotic panic buying continues you may be right. I personnelly wouldn't give a dime for the collaspable stock, I hate them and have removed them from any AR I have ever owned. I really hope the current gun panic ends soon as guns selling for more than MSRP is STUPID. Just my 2 cents.

tell me about it, I went into a store just to see how long it would be before I could buy an AR and the guy just laughed at me and said years...I bought a Benelli M2 about 8 months ago and it has become abundantly clear that I should have went for the AR then and got the M2 now since there isnt a run on those. As they say hindsight is 20/20

Dude, that m2 with all the extras is not selling for much less than the ar's. Also, there is someone on the ar15 website that is selling one of the m4's with the collapsible stocks for 2300 before his thread got locked for bumping his ad to much. Just go back a couple of days to find it. He is in the Dallas/Fortworth area.

• 4 weeks later...
In less than 4 years that will not be worth $2500.00. NOBAMA. He will be gone.

Too much $$ man. The run for M4's is nuts, and unwarranted! M2 is a fine weapon!

M2 tacticals have gone up drastically and are just as hard to find in my area as the M4. M2's are fantastic weapons although my personal preference is the M4, but with me the price of a new shotgun was not a determing factor. It just seem like everything has gone up from guns, bullets, to gas lately.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my M4 at a gun show in Mesquite, TX last weekend. It is a model with a telescoping stock. There was another M4 available with a regular stock/pistol grip. Telescoping (mine) was $1999 and the Regular was $1799. Unlike many items at gun shows, the price did not come down with negotiation. The dealer felt that $1999 was a great price for a relatively rare gun... I wasn't going to argue... I paid full price. I'm sure 6 months ago I could have got this shottie for a few hundred cheaper... (thanks again Obama.... NOT!)