Must have accessories for Benelli M4?

Mr. Shotgun

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stock like the C-stock or Urbino that have reduced lengths of pull are not "flash" if they make the weapon easier to hold.

An extended magazine tube is not "flash" if it enables the weapon to hold more rounds.

Until somebody makes an add-on attachmnet for a long M1917 type series bayonet, the rest of these toys are just "flash".

can someone post a link to an electric carving knife?

i only seem to find electric knives for cutting bread and such.

bought mine from target. It's actually intended to carve meat but makes an excellent foam carving tool! DO NOT spend lots of money on a real foam carving knife.

• 1 month later...
Probably the first part I'd replace on a new M4 would be the charging handle. The OEM has to go. I like the 1/2 diameters that are offered.

I could live with the OEM charging handle A LOT longer than the bolt release. That said, the aftermarket charging handles are worth it. The Freedom Fighter Tactical Ti handle is on mine.

• 3 weeks later...
I could live with the OEM charging handle A LOT longer than the bolt release. That said, the aftermarket charging handles are worth it. The Freedom Fighter Tactical Ti handle is on mine.

I just got my load of parts from Freedom Fighter. I looked at their site and called their number, and did the order on the phone. Got a Ti tube, knob, follower, forarm and spring. I had to have the gunsmith remove the original tube, so he just did it all for me while it was there. Took it out shooting this weekend and it was rock solid. Despite being a somewhat experienced shotgunner, I'm fairly new to the M4, as I had only shot one a few times before getting mine. Todd at Freedom was great to talk to about outfitting this bad boy, and I had my parts in about two days after I ordered, which was kind of amazing. Oh, I went with the 1/2 titanium knob, and it is far superior to the original component.

I just got my load of parts from Freedom Fighter. I looked at their site and called their number, and did the order on the phone. Got a Ti tube, knob, follower, forarm and spring. I had to have the gunsmith remove the original tube, so he just did it all for me while it was there. Took it out shooting this weekend and it was rock solid. Despite being a somewhat experienced shotgunner, I'm fairly new to the M4, as I had only shot one a few times before getting mine. Todd at Freedom was great to talk to about outfitting this bad boy, and I had my parts in about two days after I ordered, which was kind of amazing. Oh, I went with the 1/2 titanium knob, and it is far superior to the original component.

Congrats!!

GG&G makes the bolt release pad. I was conversing with them the other day and I think they're going to allay people's fears of changing it out as a DIY project by posting a video of the process on YouTube and their website. Look for it. It's a very handy mod to the M4.

Edited by BigHat

Pictures?

I know you guys will say its just another M4 but i cant help seeing or wanting to see them

I contacted truglo on new sights for the M4 and they said they are looking in to doing a fiberoptic day/night tritium but no info on when it will be available. Perhaps if everyone asks the same question...

http://www.truglo.com/contact.aspx

I really like the fiber optic front posts and the front green and rear yellow ones I have from them for my G26 are a real improvement and work well in all and no light conditions.

Edited by [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
I second the field stock suggested by "No F-Bdy Bs" for 3 gun shoots etc. Seems to let the gun "reciprocate" faster, without snapping your elbow back under the shoulder through the OEM pistolgrip.

I'd steer clear of 2 round extenders, the FL route you have installed is the right approach to capacity... less things to shoot loose and or remove during disassembly.

While I prefer tritium for tactical workI'd be interested in seeing if anyone offers a fiber optic drop-in for the M4 front to facilitate rapid target aquisition in competitions.:rolleyes: Future project maybe???

I just viewed the Brownell's site showing a front post fiber optic site for the M-4. Has 2 green and 2 red sites.

No nothing of these sites, but review for your own opinion.

New to the forum and new to the M-4. Am reading your posts with great interest. Not interested in building a Buck Rodgers special, just a dependable, best equipped, home defense weapon.

Hookster,

I looked at a very similar foregrip (KZ) like the one on the "light" picture you posted. This configuration provides many options for light and optics mounting. My concern was road rash from the Picatinny posts on your forearm hand. I assume there is no issue?

I also liked the Picatinny rail and cooling slots covering the barrel. I am assuming if the weapon is drawn upward from a barrel down position and a quick top grip hold placed on the foregrip, that hand could handle a few shots before your hand becomes medium to well done.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I am doing research and seek the expertise of those who own and use various accessories while I look for a good deal on the M-4. All my shotgunning has been 20 gauge for quail. i now am going to build a good home defense gun due to some recent burglaries in our otherwise "River City" neighborhood.

seaO2florida