Must have accessories for Benelli M4?

Mr. Shotgun

I am a proud owner of a black M4 11707 model.

The current accessories I have for my gun are:

1) Socomguys 7 round extended tube

2) Cleefurds upgraded spring

3) Blackhawk standard M16 sling

4) front and rear trituim iron nightsights

5) OEM Benelli standard stock (I can switch back and forth between the standard and pistol grip stocks)

I am planning to get the GG&G upgraded, oversized charging handle which I see retailing for like $25, along with an upgraded, oversized release button, and maybe reclocate the rear sling mounting point more forwards towards the receiver.

Do you guys have any suggestions about these parts?

or recommend other accessories I can add to make this gun an effective fighting gun w/o going too overboard?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) OEM Benelli standard stock (I can switch back and forth between the standard and pistol grip stocks)

I am planning to get the GG&G upgraded, oversized charging handle which I see retailing for like $25, along with an upgraded, oversized release button, and maybe reclocate the rear sling mounting point more forwards towards the receiver.

or recommend other accessories I can add to make this gun an effective fighting gun w/o going too overboard?

DMW extended tube, run the stock spring.

Field stock

sight inserts

Gear Sector sling.

No funky rails, lasers, red dots, ect. KISS

Here is my M4

m4sling3-1.jpg

at the last 3-gun match

000_0026.jpg

Guest cleefurd

I second the field stock suggested by "No F-Bdy Bs" for 3 gun shoots etc. Seems to let the gun "reciprocate" faster, without snapping your elbow back under the shoulder through the OEM pistolgrip.

I'd steer clear of 2 round extenders, the FL route you have installed is the right approach to capacity... less things to shoot loose and or remove during disassembly.

While I prefer tritium for tactical workI'd be interested in seeing if anyone offers a fiber optic drop-in for the M4 front to facilitate rapid target aquisition in competitions.:rolleyes: Future project maybe???

• 1 year later...

You might look at the Freedom Figher Charging handle over the CG&G. I hear it's a bit more better...unless Kip at Carrier Comp comes out with his...not sure of the timeframe on that one though.

And you'll need a light. I'm in the middle of this one right now. Enough options to make your head spin. Think I've narrowed it down to a Surfire 6P with a Surefire Mellenium tape switch. Much cheaper than a Surefire Scout or X300 light.

Peace

Where can I get a standard stock (not the collapsible) for a M1014? Can I just buy a standard stock for the M4 (which I assume will work)? I prefer it over the pistol grip stock because all my shotguns have standard. Any suggestions or recommendations? :confused:

Check Gunbroker, They often show up there and we've seen quite a few around here as well for sale or trade

Later,

Hookster :)

A light is a must. Most break-ins happen at night. Zombies never come out in the day. If you're gonna shoot, you better know what you're shooting. Also, I'd consider a collapsible stock. It's a must IMO. I have a laser on mine and I like it a lot.

Does anyone have pix of an M4 with a light attached? Where do you attach it?

NICE! I like that top part, but like the stock forend for the M4. Is that top rail with the light attached a separate piece?

Hi Hoser,

Yeah, the top part that I use to mount the light and switch is a Sidearmor. I only have the Surefire forearm on there for 922r compliance. I like the stock Benelli grips better also and plan to switch back soon after I get a Mesa Urbino stock since it will serve as a US made compliance part.

Later,

Hi Hoser,

Yeah, the top part that I use to mount the light and switch is a Sidearmor. I only have the Surefire forearm on there for 922r compliance. I like the stock Benelli grips better also and plan to switch back soon after I get a Mesa Urbino stock since it will serve as a US made compliance part.

Later,

Wouldn't a KZ charging handle take care of that as well? It's made in USA as far as I understand it.

Holy cow...how confusing! I'm planning on only the following:

1. Full length mag tube

2. Charging handle change (maybe GGG)

3. Short LOP butt stock (either modify a stock Benelli standard stock or buy a Mesa version)

4. Add a light mount and light somewhere, somehow

5. Extended Bolt/Carrier Release Button (maybe GGG)

Is that too many modifications?! I picked up an M1014 on spur of moment and don't want this to turn into a legal discussion. Am I okay with these 5 mods?