Must have accessories for Benelli M4?

Mr. Shotgun

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I prefer tritium for tactical workI'd be interested in seeing if anyone offers a fiber optic drop-in for the M4 front to facilitate rapid target aquisition in competitions.:rolleyes: Future project maybe???

+1000! The stock sight system is the pits in my opinion on the M4. The rear ghost ring is fine, it's the front sight that I desperately want to replace.

My issues are:

1. The three dot sight system is just strange in its use. The setup has you hold the front sight dot below the rear two dots to aim properly rather than an intuitive "3 dot across" in a straight line which is customary on most other dot oriented sights out there. I'd love to see a "3 dots across" option by replacing the front sight.

2. The ability to see the front sight is sometimes difficult as it does not stand out very well. If there were two options, one with a fiber optic bead (like on the Dawson Precision front Glock sights) and another with a tritium insert and white outer lining, those would absolutely take the cake and improve this weapons system substantially!

Cleefurd, I'm a huge fan of your products already. I own a titanium full length tube and have your new picatinny rail installed (both top notch BTW). Bring out a front sight that accomplishes the two above requirements and you'll be a Benelli god! :D

Edited by mattmcg

Those are great looking M4's! But, I haven't seen anyone recommend a favorite tactical choke at the end of the barrel. So, let me suggest my favorite from BlackBore Chokes, the BlackBore Tactical HD! ;)

GTPSC

Looks interesting but what sort of benefit does this provide to the M4 user beyond the stock choke options?

Matt,

Besides the choke at least "looking" like what one wants a "tactical" choke to look like (black, ports that "look" menacing), there are definitely benefits to the choke for better performance.

1. Ports have actual "blades" made into the port that slice and cut pieces of the wad off as the shot leaves the barrel. This "slowing" of the wad, in essence, "releases" the pellets from the wad as the shot leaves the barrel.

2. The shot heads on to the target and the wad does not"blow through" the shot column. This eliminates "fliers" of the individual pellets.

3. Chokes are made of 17-4 PH SS, the highest tensile strength SS out there. They are made to last as long as your gun.

4. They do not rust under normal usage.

Thanks for asking!

GTPSC (BlackBore Chokes)

Matt,

Besides the choke at least "looking" like what one wants a "tactical" choke to look like (black, ports that "look" menacing), there are definitely benefits to the choke for better performance.

1. Ports have actual "blades" made into the port that slice and cut pieces of the wad off as the shot leaves the barrel. This "slowing" of the wad, in essence, "releases" the pellets from the wad as the shot leaves the barrel.

2. The shot heads on to the target and the wad does not"blow through" the shot column. This eliminates "fliers" of the individual pellets.

3. Chokes are made of 17-4 PH SS, the highest tensile strength SS out there. They are made to last as long as your gun.

4. They do not rust under normal usage.

Thanks for asking!

GTPSC (BlackBore Chokes)

Haha...at least you're upfront about working for the company.

StrangerDanger, the CR (Close Range) is Cylinder Bore, the MR (Mid-Range) is like an IC and ER (Extended Range) is a tight MOD.

CR is for close-in work (inside the house across a large room) and I consider that ten yards.

MR is for about twice that distance (like a large garage), which could be up to 20+ yards.

ER is for 25-35 yards in the real world.

Because we are discussing shotguns here (and I am assuming the use of buckshot and possibly slugs where appropriate), energy starts dropping off rapidly (and accuracy too) as distance increases, especially with buckshot. I am a firm believer in using a shotgun for up close and personal work and a rifle for reaching out and touching someone or thing as the case may be.

As for recoil reduction, it would be very hard to quantify what percentage of reduction is produced and I would be remiss if I claimed something I can't measure. Every shotgun is different and every person shooting one is different. There are a lot of unsubstantiated claims being made about recoil reduction.

Felt recoil reduction is very subjective and with shotguns,

how a person "feels" the recoil depends on how the gun fits the person. That said, with as many ports that BlackBore chokes has to release combustion gases, I can honestly say that I don't know of anyone that has used my chokes that didn't say that they felt a noticeable reduction in recoil! I have had one customer say that he appreciates the reduction in felt recoil shooting slugs.

Thank you for your interest and if you have any questions, please contact me.

GTPSC (Mark)

BlackBore Chokes http://www.blackborechokes.com

• 2 weeks later...
StrangerDanger, the CR (Close Range) is Cylinder Bore, the MR (Mid-Range) is like an IC and ER (Extended Range) is a tight MOD.

CR is for close-in work (inside the house across a large room) and I consider that ten yards.

MR is for about twice that distance (like a large garage), which could be up to 20+ yards.

ER is for 25-35 yards in the real world.

Because we are discussing shotguns here (and I am assuming the use of buckshot and possibly slugs where appropriate), energy starts dropping off rapidly (and accuracy too) as distance increases, especially with buckshot. I am a firm believer in using a shotgun for up close and personal work and a rifle for reaching out and touching someone or thing as the case may be.

As for recoil reduction, it would be very hard to quantify what percentage of reduction is produced and I would be remiss if I claimed something I can't measure. Every shotgun is different and every person shooting one is different. There are a lot of unsubstantiated claims being made about recoil reduction.

Felt recoil reduction is very subjective and with shotguns,

how a person "feels" the recoil depends on how the gun fits the person. That said, with as many ports that BlackBore chokes has to release combustion gases, I can honestly say that I don't know of anyone that has used my chokes that didn't say that they felt a noticeable reduction in recoil! I have had one customer say that he appreciates the reduction in felt recoil shooting slugs.

Thank you for your interest and if you have any questions, please contact me.

GTPSC (Mark)

BlackBore Chokes www.blackborechokes.com

hmmm - it looks like with that choke you could use an extended 9 or 10 round mag tube ? and not have it stick out ?

• 2 months later...
does benelli make a fitted case for a m4 with a collapsible stock ?

I haven't found one, but I would check out Pelican They are really heavy duty and perfect should you want to check your gun for airline travel.

Buy one that is the correct size, and trace your M4 with a sharpie. Cut out the foam with a NEW razor blade. And there you go a custom case for your M4 with a collapsible stock.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't found one, but I would check out Pelican They are really heavy duty and perfect should you want to check your gun for airline travel.

Buy one that is the correct size, and trace your M4 with a sharpie. Cut out the foam with a NEW razor blade. And there you go a custom case for your M4 with a collapsible stock.

electric carving knife works 100 times better than a NEW razor blade. Pelican actually recommends using one over the razor blade.

Don't use a sharpie to outline your weapon, the ink will absorb into the cells of the foam and leave an outline after cutting. Instead use a piece of chalk to outline your shotgun, cut out the insert with an electric carving knife, and then wipe the chalk off with a damp cloth.