Does anyone use a scope for turkey hunting

• 2 weeks later...

I've never used one, so I dont have any experience with them.

For those who do use them....what do you do when you miss, for sake of a situation. I know...you guys never miss right? LOL!:):D

I missed a big bird a few years ago, and when he jumped and flew...I took him right out of the air like a goose. Thats where my waterfowling experience came in handy! LOL! I think that would be hard to do with a scope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

... well I decided not to mess with my SBE LH, so I got a new SBE II LH which of course is factory drilled & tapped.

I mounted the Aimpoint on the II, took it out to sight in & "wow" - I really do like the scope ...

Shooting with both eyes open is really nice, & on the ground or in the air, doesn't matter ... very quick on the target.

... as soon as the Nitros for the II get here, I'll do a final pattern & I'm in the woods in 7 days ...

Good luck to all this season ... "gobble-gobble"

you problably dont want to invest in a scope your first year turkey hunting. A double bead will work ok or you can put some clip on rifle sights. I would get a turkey choke and see how you shoot at 45 yards and then see if you think you need rifle sights or a scope

• 2 weeks later...