121 sl80

chili_rod

Hello all,

I just wanted to get some info from some of you SL80 fans out there. I got this from a friend of mine for $200.00 and some frequent flyer miles. The shotgun is in very good shape just some minor dings in the wood and a scratch on the barrel and on the top of the receiver, nothing major. I did some modifications to it. It had a fixed choke barrel, so I took it to Briley's here in Houston to drill the barrel for some choke tubes. I would like to find a synthetic stock for it so I can take it dove hunting. I have also looked for aftermarket sights but i have yet to find any that fit it properly. Does anyone know the width of the ribs on it to put some sights on it?

I would also like to know what ya'lls opinion of using this shotgun as a hunting gun. I know that there will be some you out there who will say just buy a Montefeltro or a Super Black Eagle but hey this is a resession and money is tight. Here are some pics. By the way the "stains" that appear on the receiver is just oil.

P1190136.jpgP1190139.jpg

a beautiful ,,just beautiful sl80,great deal with or without economy,,now theres a good swinging ,,great shooting Benelli shotgun,,,most of these guys on here have no clue on what there lookin at ,smart move on your part to get the barrel threaded for other choking,,I most definitly appreciate the pre 85 Benellis,,they run great.

ok,,ok,,just trying to help out around here,,some of ya''ll are in some serious need of some teachins,ya''ll comming on board talkin smack,,unlike me-member #17 on this lovely illustrious little board of ours which I can talk Smakkkkk when I want and if I want cause I can back it up,been here longer than most of you little newbies combined,,was shootin M1014s and Benellis before most of you knew how to spell M1014,but I choose to share not hinder,,so there put that in your pipe and smoke it baby. with love from me-M1014

Smoke this, M1014: Senior members on this web are normally very helpful and smart. Show me some of that. We don't need history and a bunch of braggert crap, just some help and advice from time to time. If you can't give any, then maybe "let it go."

M1014 is harmless old crackpot, don't take him too seriously.

man,,everythings cool,,duggan is like the illigitiment son i never had,,as for montypro,,he or she or it aint much..maybe someday they will be,,TUCKER,,wheres my meds??,,did you hide them again???,,darn kids,,oh your synthetic Question,,sorry,,Choate machine tool company use to make then in the 80s,,tactical stocks and standard ones too,,forends etc for the 121 m1 ,,sl80s,,all pre 85s,,very rarly will you find them on sale,,got mine on e-bay of all places,,

man,,everythings cool,,duggan is like the illigitiment son i never had,,as for montypro,,he or she or it aint much..maybe someday they will be,,TUCKER,,wheres my meds??,,did you hide them again???,,darn kids,,oh your synthetic Question,,sorry,,Choate machine tool company use to make then in the 80s,,tactical stocks and standard ones too,,forends etc for the 121 m1 ,,sl80s,,all pre 85s,,very rarly will you find them on sale,,got mine on e-bay of all places,,

I sense that there is a nice guy in there somewhere. Hope he shoots better than he writes! I'm pretty sure that he does. Buncha' keys on the keyboard... only ONE on a shotgun.

"ain't much"