Dave's Metal Works= GARBAGE

So I have two M4s.

Both needed extensions.

I ordered two DMW +2s from MidwayUSA.

One fits, one doesn't.

How is that for quality control?

I mean, these are threaded tubes people!

$70 threaded tubes!!!

The good:

dmwgoodla6.jpg

The bad, the collar doesn't thread onto the OEM tube completely, leaving threads exposed:

dmwbadud7.jpg

So, anybody got a benelli OEM +2 for sale?

While I can understand your frustration, it might be better to get ahold of the folks at Daves before posting. Gives them a chance to address the issue before it becomes some weird erronet slam -

just my 2 cents

What is so weird about it?

I am warning other Benelli owners to spend their money

elsewhere.

It isn't my fault he puts out defective products.

Well, let me amend that a bit - we don't live in a perfect world and I'm sure a 'bad' part will slip out despite the best quality control. It is one thing to impugn a 'bad' part, another the maker.

My suggestion was just to give Dave a chance to address the issue before you started harpooning him on the errornet

While I can understand your frustration, it might be better to get ahold of the folks at Daves before posting. Gives them a chance to address the issue before it becomes some weird erronet slam -

just my 2 cents

Yes, Amen. Let cooler heads prevail. Give them a chance. Then if it is not right, we want to hear about it. Lay back, Dude. Be cool. See what happens.

Hello this is Dave From Dave's Metal Works, I'm Sorry to hear that your product didn't Thread properly. All of our products carry a lifetime warranty so if you would like to E-mail me at [email protected] we can issue a return, Credit, or exchange. The nuts and tubes are made of aircraft grade 6061 aluminum, and are hard anodized. We do our best to check every tube and nut before it goes out to make sure everything works. It is completely my fault but I am only human so sometimes things get by me. So if you would like to try another nut or want a refund shoot me an e-mail.

-Dave

• Upvote 4

Hello this is Dave From Dave's Metal Works, I'm Sorry to hear that your product didn't Thread properly. All of our products carry a lifetime warranty so if you would like to E-mail me at [email protected] we can issue a return, Credit, or exchange. The nuts and tubes are made of aircraft grade 6061 aluminum, and are hard anodized. We do our best to check every tube and nut before it goes out to make sure everything works. It is completely my fault but I am only human so sometimes things get by me. So if you would like to try another nut or want a refund shoot me an e-mail.

-Dave

Complete BS by the OP for NOT trying to contact you first. BUT taking the time to make pictures, and post them up on the internet. In the time that took, he could have contacted you, and had the issue resolved.

For the record, I have 2 of your products, and they are flawless. As the son of a machine shop owner, I can attest, that sometimes, **** happens. If the MFG (you) are willing to make it good, I cant see a reason to *****.

Some people live a sheltered life, and the first little speedbump they come across causes them a ton of grief.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest cleefurd
I bought it from midwayusa.

I have to go through them. They don't make them.

I'm getting them to refund me.

It is funny how only positive feedback is allowed.

Who said you HAVE to go through Midway? Apparently BOTH Midaway AND DMW are willing to correct the problem.

Furthermore;

If only positive feedback is "allowed"... how is it that we are reading your post? Could it be that DMW's customers have been satisfied one way or another if they'd contacted him first? It would seem plausible then that you got the ONLY bad set he ever made and we dang sure heard about it before he ever found out. At least DMW is reasonable, but you kind Sir, have not been so in return. How could any good come of that?

Please if you send his tubes back, please refrain from purchasing a "carriercomp" tube, because I am certain that every piece of machined metal on this earth has some flaw however minute, and out of respect for DMW, I would rather not do business with a man that crucifies another human.... for being human.

Seriously, you could have at least contacted the vendor or the manufacturer prior to making this thread ...

As far as "only positive feedback being allowed", you've got to be kidding me, this is one of the most open and loosely moderated gun forums I've ever been on, it's actually quite amazing that benelli lets people say some of the things that they say on here.

Your "negative feedback" isn't being rejected because it's negative, it's being rejected because you didn't treat DMW fairly or give him an opportunity to correct the problem. If you contacted him prior to making this thread and he refused to make it right, then maybe this thread would have some ground ... but seeing as how you made this thread without even contacting him, and then Dave STILL came here, apologized, and said he would make it right, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Mark this down as a lesson learned on how to deal with manufacturers and people in general.

Edited by Duggan

What is so weird about it?

I am warning other Benelli owners to spend their money

elsewhere.

It isn't my fault he puts out defective products.

You're a little slow to buy the clue buddy - it is one thing to speak to a 'bad' product; it is another to speak ill of the person who made it.

Dave has made every effort to make things right with and for you, but you seem more interested in whining about it.

My two cents again - buy a clue and grow up

I'm going to side mostly with 12508 on this one.

I didn't see in his original post where he made any sort of personal attack on Dave, just his product.

While he could have and perhaps should have contacted Midway or Dave before posting, the fact remains that he received what appears to be an inferior product.

I see nothing wrong with letting others know about it, as he did in the first post.

Whether it's fixed or replaced or whatever, the potential to receive a bad one from a retailer seems to exist. That's really all he was saying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you posted on a public forum, did you expect everybody to just agree with you and not have an opinion about the fairness of what you wrote? You were angry when you posted, and personally slammed the maker of the produce without giving them a chance to correct the problem.

Most people who read your post didn't respond you way you thought they would. The maker of the product you complained about even had the guts to publicly respond to your problem, and you're mad about that too! If you don't want feedback, then don't post on public forums!

• Upvote 1

Guest cleefurd
Wow.

Thanks for the pile on guys.

It is sad that you defend someone who can't make a threaded tube and then attack me for warning others of sketchy QC.

Take it in stride. We ALL pick on each other. You will not be immune any more than the rest of us.

One mistake is not what I'd consider "sketchy QC". And Midway along with others might argue he CAN make a threaded tube. You got a bad one, he has offered any remedy you desire. Take him up on it and be content. We do appreciate the heads-up, with slight exception to claiming he screwed up a "simple" task, that may have been a burr or a mispositioned nut. Not a shabby deed to be human.

When you posted on a public forum, did you expect everybody to just agree with you and not have an opinion about the fairness of what you wrote? You were angry when you posted, and personally slammed the maker of the produce without giving them a chance to correct the problem.

Most people who read your post didn't respond you way you thought they would. The maker of the product you complained about even had the guts to publicly respond to your problem, and you're mad about that too! If you don't want feedback, then don't post on public forums!

So let me get this straight.

Saying that someone's product doesn't deliver as advertised is a personal attack?

I could care less whether Dave makes it good or not. I wanted to warn the people here that a ridiculously priced $70 tube might not work as advertised. There really is no excuse to charge that much and then say "well, lemons do happen". Lemons should not happen at that price point on that type of an item.

• Downvote 1

Guest cleefurd
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

~ anonymous~

Tread at will, but tread lightly, he did lose good money for the time being. His aggrivation was contagious I admit due to his choice of words which were.... meh. But referencing an "idiot" for his being disheartened is laying it on a wee bit thick.

So I have two M4s.

Both needed extensions.

I ordered two DMW +2s from MidwayUSA.

One fits, one doesn't.

How is that for quality control?

I mean, these are threaded tubes people!

$70 threaded tubes!!!

The good:

dmwgoodla6.jpg

The bad, the collar doesn't thread onto the OEM tube completely, leaving threads exposed:

dmwbadud7.jpg

So, anybody got a benelli OEM +2 for sale?

maybe its cross theaded

Guest cleefurd
So let me get this straight.

Saying that someone's product doesn't deliver as advertised is a personal attack?

I could care less whether Dave makes it good or not. I wanted to warn the people here that a ridiculously priced $70 tube might not work as advertised. There really is no excuse to charge that much and then say "well, lemons do happen". Lemons should not happen at that price point on that type of an item.

Whoa! May I kindly inquire....?

Are you one of those individuals that hates paying $70 for a $5 chunk of aluminum?? If so then ask for $5 worth of aluminum MINUS the machine costs, skilled CNC operator's pay, programming time, R & D recooperation, complex hard coat anodizing handling fees, packaging and shipping clerk's wages, shipping and receiving's time, advertizing/promotion expenses, Midaway's cut, deburring, the QC manager's wages to screen every single facet of each component, capitol gains tax, and a little on top to furnish insurance for little Suzie's braces and Junior's new glove. $70 is a bargain for an ABOVE board tax paying AMERICAN vendor. This is not your cousin making parts just for you from left over crutches found underneath grampa's old bass boat out in the back yard. Step back and look at the big picture. You got a guarantee... use it and let us know how it works out for Pete's sake. It's starting to sound as though you despise living in an imperfect world, in spite of PERFECT customer service.

Edited by cleefurd

When someone makes a product, and that product is attacked by saying its garbage, that is personal attack in my mind.

Yes, but it may not be so in the minds of others.

Someone, somewhere is responsible for whatever went wrong.

The purchaser believes it is the fault of the maker. The maker, without the luxury of inspection, has agreed with him.

There's nothing wrong with a founded accusation and laying blame where blame belongs. Nothing wrong with owning up to a mistake.

Yes, but it may not be so in the minds of others.

Someone, somewhere is responsible for whatever went wrong.

The purchaser believes it is the fault of the maker. The maker, without the luxury of inspection, has agreed with him.

There's nothing wrong with a founded accusation and laying blame where blame belongs. Nothing wrong with owning up to a mistake.

I'll agree with that. Look at the second picture.( the bad one) It looks cross theaded to me. I'm trying to figure out where the blame belongs to.