Dave's Metal Works= GARBAGE

Reminds me of the old Timex (watch) add: "Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking!"
your telling on yourself monty,,are you that old????maybe we can share meds,,if tucker would quit hidding them,,I need meds every time I think about Benellis,,and thats all the time,,Benellis make very highhhhhhhhhhhhhh

your telling on yourself monty,,are you that old????maybe we can share meds,,if tucker would quit hidding them,,I need meds every time I think about Benellis,,and thats all the time,,Benellis make very highhhhhhhhhhhhhh

63. Hunted all my life. Live in Texas. Been married 43 years... looks like the marriage just may work out! Hunt quail and dove. I am a retired university music professor. Loving retirement. Quail hunting next week! Sure like my new Montefeltro Silver 20, (my retirement gift to myself!).

Please look at my post on the fellow with the "Monty question" and see what you think about combining shims to lower the stock drop. I respect you opinion and would be interested to see what you think about my idea.

Thanks,

Rod

Guest cleefurd
Be sure and add something to the effect that all of the above still won't get you better than a 50% success rate.

If all of the above INCLUDED the CS department that you discount as a "safety net", then you'd be back at 100%

6 pages about a $70 magazine extension that the manufacturer said he would make right with no questions asked. Perhaps the $70 would be better spent purchasing an industrial sized bottle of Prozac. No matter what the cost may be NOTHING is perfect. I have never had any dealings with Dave but he seems to be a straight up guy. If you had tried dealing with the problem with whom you got the tube from ,and didn't resolve the issue, or had called Dave ,and he told you to go jump in a lake then I could see making this post. But this entire thing is childish. If I were Dave I would send you a tube of KY jelly mixed with sand along with a note telling you what you could do with the mag extension after reading your rant . Relax a little life isn't that hard. If I offended anyone including the original poster I'm sorry but that's how I see it.

6 pages about a $70 magazine extension that the manufacturer said he would make right with no questions asked. Perhaps the $70 would be better spent purchasing an industrial sized bottle of Prozac. No matter what the cost may be NOTHING is perfect. I have never had any dealings with Dave but he seems to be a straight up guy. If you had tried dealing with the problem with whom you got the tube from ,and didn't resolve the issue, or had called Dave ,and he told you to go jump in a lake then I could see making this post. But this entire thing is childish. If I were Dave I would send you a tube of KY jelly mixed with sand along with a note telling you what you could do with the mag extension after reading your rant . Relax a little life isn't that hard. If I offended anyone including the original poster I'm sorry but that's how I see it.

ahahha

You're wasting your breath, I said that same thing 4 pages back and it didn't sink in at all.

• 12 years later...
On 1/21/2009 at 9:54 AM, 12508 said:

So let me get this straight.

Saying that someone's product doesn't deliver as advertised is a personal attack?

I could care less whether Dave makes it good or not. I wanted to warn the people here that a ridiculously priced $70 tube might not work as advertised. There really is no excuse to charge that much and then say "well, lemons do happen". Lemons should not happen at that price point on that type of an item.

You've obviously never had a recall on a damn car

On 1/22/2009 at 9:18 AM, Banjo MD said:

What I gleaned from this thread:

1/20/2009 Post is made about "garbage" product;

1/21/2009 Manufacturer offers to make good (no questions asked);

That, my colleagues, is Customer Service and why I'll buy from Dave's Metal Works in the future.:D

18 minutes ago, AustinMc said:

I bought a 7 round tube from Dave this month. It arrived quickly and worked pefectly on the SDS S4 I intalled it on.

12yo thread; after reading every post (solely for the sheer entertainment), these are the most relevant ones. YW.

On 1/21/2009 at 9:16 AM, 12508 said:

Wow.

Thanks for the pile on guys.

It is sad that you defend someone who can't make a threaded tube and then attack me for warning others of sketchy QC.

I thought you had to be at least 13 years old to be on this Forum?  Stops this 8 y/o stuff...

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

12508 I think the main thing is that you ruffled feathers with Dave's customer base by your title Dave's Metal Works=garbage. That's a bold statement. If the man made 1000 tubes, and 1 was bad, that don't mean his product is garbage. It just means he's human. I think I'm going to order the 7 round tube for mine from Dave's just because of his response to you. The bottom line here I believe is that your just dick.🖕

Wow! I was kind of shocked to see the title of this thread, so I had to look at it, even if it is an old thread. Dave makes great stuff. I bought almost everything he has for sale on his Benelli M4 page, and I am impressed with all of it.

Having owned several Mossbergs, I began looking for magazine extensions on the Nordic site. Nordic said they did not make extensions for the Benelli M4, but they RECOMMENDED Dave's Metal Works RIGHT ON THEIR WEBSITE as a place to buy the M4 extensions. I bought directly from him. Not only does he make and sell great parts, he will help you by email QUICKLY with anything you don't understand about the products or the assembling of the products. 

I hesitate to buy this sort of thing from any other vendor when I can buy directly from the manufacturer.