sbe2 thoughts

the new man

I keep seeing these guys post of devastating patterns out to 60+yds. I have tried almost every choke / shell combo ( including the fomous rhino 660) in my sbe2. I have one combo of some special re-loads and a kicks 655, that gives me 372 pellets in a 9" circle at 35 yds. thats devastating but add another 10 yds, and its a difference of night and day. the bore size of my gun, is 719, I tried to get a good friend of mine to back bore my barrel to 735-740, but he said no way. the 2nd time I ask him, he said he would for 10,000 dollars and smiled. if benelli would offer a barrel with a larger bore size, I would buy it yesterday. I have e-mailed benelli, but have not got a response, so that's why I went and bought a new sx3 that I 'm getting dialed in now. what are your thoughts???

I keep seeing these guys post of devastating patterns out to 60+yds. I have tried almost every choke / shell combo ( including the fomous rhino 660) in my sbe2. I have one combo of some special re-loads and a kicks 655, that gives me 372 pellets in a 9" circle at 35 yds. thats devastating but add another 10 yds, and its a difference of night and day. the bore size of my gun, is 719, I tried to get a good friend of mine to back bore my barrel to 735-740, but he said no way. the 2nd time I ask him, he said he would for 10,000 dollars and smiled. if benelli would offer a barrel with a larger bore size, I would buy it yesterday. I have e-mailed benelli, but have not got a response, so that's why I went and bought a new sx3 that I 'm getting dialed in now. what are your thoughts???

Yep, underbored Benellis can peter out at 35-40 yards, especially the last barrels cut before they replace the cutter. I've got one of those .719 SBE's that you have, and while I LOVE the gun and take it almost everywhere, it does not print dense patterns much past 38-40 yards.

I have friends with .723 barrels that pattern much better.

I have been told that back-boring a Benelli semi-auto can make the gun stop cycling.

You can't build an inertia gun that works a certain way with certain measurements and then simply just offer a back-bored barrel. It's not that easy. Different story for pumps and stack barrels probably.

I like the SX3, but I own a Browning Silver, Gold, and two BPS's, and I assure you, just being over-bored does not just magically make the guns pattern themselves. For me, I have not found a magic Invector Plus combination that is substantially better than my current SBE II. I'm sure I'll find it someday, but if I keep my shots under 40 yards, which is probably a good range anyway, I don't really need anything other than my SBE II and Jellyhead or Rhino .660.

Good luck!

thanks for your reply. it's good to here some-one who tells it, like it is. I to love my sbe11, and like you say, 40 yds or less, you can't beat it. compared to some of the other pics. that I've seen on this site, I should be really happy. but I guess a turkey hunter, is never truly happy. if you want to e-mail me, I would like to talk to ya bout hunting. my e-mail is

[email protected]

thanks for your reply. it's good to here some-one who tells it, like it is. I to love my sbe11, and like you say, 40 yds or less, you can't beat it. compared to some of the other pics. that I've seen on this site, I should be really happy. but I guess a turkey hunter, is never truly happy. if you want to e-mail me, I would like to talk to ya bout hunting. my e-mail is

[email protected]

Today 02:53 AM