Monty question?

rodburner

I added the "C" shim to the "D" shim and went hunting this eveing. I hit 5 of 7 so I would like to say that it made a tremendous difference. Thanks again for the help. I would still like to have one shim instead of two if anyone had an idea of what I could make one out of I would love to hear it. I was thinking wood since it goes between the stock and gun. I work in a welding shop so I also have the option of metal too. Which one do you guys think would be best? Or do you think I should go with plastic since that's what the original ones are made of.

Rodburner... had this idea a while back and didn't initially get much from my post inquiring about the idea. However, I can thank Novaking, who remembered that Mudhen had done this and I PM'd Mudhen and he coached me about what he did. After reading your post, I went to my shop and combined the C & D shims and will test it soon. Wasn't really all that difficult and now I can put mount the gun IN the pocket instead of having to mount it higher in order to look straight down the barrel. Hope I'm as happy as you will it. I'll report results later but my thanks go to Novaking, Mudhen, and YOU for the "confidence-building." I'm neither a gunsmith nor a machinist, just a "regular" guy with a fairly decent shop out back.

Thanks, and have a good one!

Rodburner... had this idea a while back and didn't initially get much from my post inquiring about the idea. However, I can thank Novaking, who remembered that Mudhen had done this and I PM'd Mudhen and he coached me about what he did. After reading your post, I went to my shop and combined the C & D shims and will test it soon. Wasn't really all that difficult and now I can put mount the gun IN the pocket instead of having to mount it higher in order to look straight down the barrel. Hope I'm as happy as you will it. I'll report results later but my thanks go to Novaking, Mudhen, and YOU for the "confidence-building." I'm neither a gunsmith nor a machinist, just a "regular" guy with a fairly decent shop out back.

Thanks, and have a good one![/quote/]

No problem and thanks to you for getting this thing stirred up enough to get some input. The gun lines up so much better it's almost unbelievable. The only problem I see is the two shims don't line up with each other. There's a ridge where the stock meets the "C" shim. I think we will need to make one solid piece to make it look right. Another thing, the piece of the gun that comes through the stock hits the stock not allowing further adjustment. I could use just a touch more drop in the barrell but I don't think the stock will allow it. When you take yours apart you will see what I mean. Did Mudhen have anything out of the ordinary to do besides taking off the "tittie". I shaved mine off with a knife but like I said I would like to have one solid piece for a shim instead of two.... Thanks again for the help..

Thanks, and have a good one!

Glad to here you tryed. Please let us know how it works.

Glad to here you tryed. Please let us know how it works.

Project done, and it worked great! Used the C shim (with the horizontal knobs shaved off, ahead of the D shim (with the vertical knobs shaved off) and the two lined up so tight it looks like one... no ridges or anything. Now I have the drop I was looking for and am a 'happy camper.'