Dissapointed in This Forum

RabbitSlayer

I apologize for being unable to provide definitive and complete answers 100% of the time.

I'll try to step it up, since you know it is our unpaid civilian duty to cater to your every wish and whim on this public forum.

Yes....,,,,,

I see what you did there ,,,,,

I believe MontePro answered your choke questions and yes the oval choke wrench that came with your gun is what Benelli wants you to use to tighten your BUL tubes! Pictures would have helped to answer your question since i guess their are not a lotta BUL owners at roll call daily?

http://www.trulockchokes.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?page=basic_choke_info.htm&cart_id=1654931.84089

Scroll down to Choke Cleaning & Choke Tightness in this article and if ya do not like the wrench supplied call these guys and ask them if they have a different style. They Manufacture Benelli Tubes 1-800-293-9402. Myself i always keep mine loose until i get ready to load and after the hunt i always loosen mine a tad just to make sure i do not end up with a stuck tube! I always put it in clean and lubed (Lightley), with choke tube lube Hopppe's Spray! Hope this helped with putting out the flame!:p

Edited by HOGWILD

I believe MontePro answered your choke questions and yes the oval choke wrench that came with your gun is what Benelli wants you to use to tighten your BUL tubes! Pictures would have helped to answer your question since i guess their are not a lotta BUL owners at roll call daily?

http://www.trulockchokes.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?page=basic_choke_info.htm&cart_id=1654931.84089

Scroll down to Choke Cleaning & Choke Tightness in this article and if ya do not like the wrench supplied call these guys and ask them if they have a different style. They Manufacture Benelli Tubes 1-800-293-9402. Myself i always keep mine loose until i get ready to load and after the hunt i always loosen mine a tad just to make sure i do not end up with a stuck tube! I always put it in clean and lubed (Lightley), with choke tube lube Hopppe's Spray! Hope this helped with putting out the flame!:p

d

Thank You, that helped... As far as the loose choke issue, I was hoping for more response as to who has the problem and who doesn't. I wanted to know how common loose chokes are in UL's and all other Benellis

The past month I asked two questions about the ultra light and got very little reponse... Is it that true BUL owners don't spend time here ??

However, what I do see is a lot of childish flaming...

Rabbit -- you gotta' remember, the UltraLight hasn't been around that long and therefore there aren't that many users, (compared to the other Benelli models). I don't always get what I want on the forum either but there sure is a lot of good stuff here. And... the sarcastic and caustic stuff is NOT "childish flaming," it's ADULT FLAMING (just kidding!) but all in fun. We got lots of bark... but not much bite! You'll get used to it and probably learn to play the "game."

Rabbit -- you gotta' remember, the UltraLight hasn't been around that long and therefore there aren't that many users, (compared to the other Benelli models). I don't always get what I want on the forum either but there sure is a lot of good stuff here. And... the sarcastic and caustic stuff is NOT "childish flaming," it's ADULT FLAMING (just kidding!) but all in fun. We got lots of bark... but not much bite! You'll get used to it and probably learn to play the "game."

Actually I really don't know how many UL owners there are... That is why I asked in the original post... But thanks for pointing that out... It does answer my question

Actually I really don't know how many UL owners there are... That is why I asked in the original post... But thanks for pointing that out... It does answer my question

I looked at the UltraLight but went for the Montefeltro because of the five-shot capability. Quail hunters in my state can pack a five-shot mag. The Monty is almost as light (bunches lighter than may old 1966 Belgium Browning Sweet Sixteen) and I really like it.

Guess the marketing problem here is weight vs. need. Duck hunters (3-shot limit) don't walk around and carry their guns that much and don't really need a "light" piece. Upland dudes are wanting a light gun BUT with five shots... (if the state allows). I use my Monty for quail, pheasant, chukar, and dove... (have to put the plug in for dove)... got checked out by the game warden on the plug thing on my last hunt this season!).

Guest cleefurd
The past month I asked two questions about the ultra light and got very little reponse... Is it that true BUL owners don't spend time here ??

However, what I do see is a lot of childish flaming...

Hang in there! Trust me, sooner or later you'll get your answers, and if there's a better place to do it, I'd be suprised. You're in the right crowd, just tune out the static and answers will sometimes trickle... sometimes flood.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.................having used my woodcock this season I have to say that it is an Excellent SA and is just what I was looking for for snap shooting decoyed duck at dusk (we get to shoot into the dark and Moonflight as well in Scotland).

Despite coming with the long Crio chokes my best results have been using HD 3" 1 3/8oz; 6 1450 fps AND a WW SWAT.

Now to your point.

I have not had a choke work loose (yet) with the woodcock but I did have it on a regular basis with my XT1 and I am a LOT happier using an External choke in the field as it is instantly accessible for checking (in fact I have two sets the "mobil" type for my SuperNova) which I feel is even more critical now with the compulsory use of hard non toxic shot

Hope this helps

Andy Brown