Ducks unlimited verses DELTA WATERFOUL

leftie

hear in my parts it seams like Ducks unlimited has sorta given up on us the duck hunter and turned toward the consivitory group i have been a suporter years ago but now i have lost faith in them and it seams like Delta waterfoul is doing what DU started doing but im still hesitant on another group that sais there going to help the hunter i guess ill have to wait and see , maby its an isolated problem just in my area, maby ill get some other opinions

Without ducks it sure wouldn't be much fun to be a duck hunter would it? I support DU, have for years. I have been on 3 committees (all successful by the way). I think the whole thing of DU vs DW is ridiculous. They are both good organizations, support one or both but don't bash them. It's for the ducks remember! I personally will support both of them this year. I figure the more organizations we support the better chance we have for helping the ducks!

Without ducks it sure wouldn't be much fun to be a duck hunter would it? I support DU, have for years. I have been on 3 committees (all successful by the way). I think the whole thing of DU vs DW is ridiculous. They are both good organizations, support one or both but don't bash them. It's for the ducks remember! I personally will support both of them this year. I figure the more organizations we support the better chance we have for helping the ducks!

Well said my friend;)

thankyou TUCKER , that is all i was looking fore in my thread just comments i wasent slaming i was just stating how i felt nothing radical , im glad to see im not alone i also am a member of Delta , but i am no longer a member of DU but that is my choice if they were to go back to doing things the way they usto do around here i would be the first to jump back on the ban wagon ,

i guess i had a few bad experiences when DU sent two students into the marsh i hunt frequently on a satursay dressed in hunters orange vests and hats at least 5 times last year doing counts and they were upset i was there .and thats only one story i have more but i dont want to BASH them .

That is fine, I understand your thinking on it although I do not agree with it. I just refuse to become a part of the DU vs DW crap to be honest. I think both are good organizations and will support both of them. I think alot of people don't have the slightest clue as to what actually goes on in both organizations and just go by what they hear. In my opinion that is not a feasible way to come to a conclusion on a matter but what do I know!

Did you actually read the post I posted or do you always jump to conclusions? As far as I can see, I never pointed a finger at you. I never said anything about your opinion, you are warranted one. Don't jump on me, I am the one who is replying logically to make this a decent discussion not just posting up a bunch of misspelled words and what not. I am voicing MY opinions, so what makes it ok for you to and not me? I never said your experience was crap, I said I refuse to get in the bashing sessions. I have been a member on alot of websites over the years and as soon as one word about DU vs DW is mentioned it turns into an all out bashing thread on both sides. I simply said I avoid that CRAP and yes it is crap for grown ass men to act like that. All i'm saying is they are both good organizations. Feel free to post what you'd like as far as i'm concerned I haven't tried to hinder that one bit.

I am not trying to be an azz. I have attempted to post up reasonable replies but it seems you are very standoffish on my end. I am all for having a civil discussion but not if you are going to continue to take my posts childishly out of context. I am a supporter of both organizations as I said. I think that both have there pro's and con's. I think a MAJORITY of people (not you lefty) but most of the general public is uninformed. Just because you get a magazine and read it doesn't mean you are informed in what goes on within an organization. Please if you would like to continue this discussion by all means do it but please do it respectfully.

yes i read your replies ,but i felt like you attacked everything i said from thread #1 not remarked but hey im to senfitive ,and yes i do have a lot of misspelt words ,this is a forum not a spelling test ,im glad you believe in DU and DW maby people like you will smarten them up ,and how to do that is maby LISTEN to people like me when we have complaints ,im sorry you felt like you do but we all have the same result in mind GOOD HUNTING ,good luck:D

You are too sensitive apparently because you got in a tizzy when I didn't agree with you. I support Ducks Unlimited (and DW but not important because you do too?) and it is very apparent you did not want to hear that. Good luck with your endeavors but for future references when you ask for opinions, put your big boy pants on and be prepared to discuss logically and do not get so defensive. I answered your question, I never once attacked you.

Saying "support one or both but don't bash" is far from attacking you.

Edited by jraducks

yes i agree it is fore the Habitat , im with you there 100% i just thought it was supposto benifit the hunters as well . and i guess if there are more ducks THEN its better fore the hunter , OK ,i just am really frustrated in my area with them and i guess i vented in the wrong place :cool:

yes i agree it is fore the Habitat , im with you there 100% i just thought it was supposto benifit the hunters as well . and i guess if there are more ducks THEN its better fore the hunter , OK ,i just am really frustrated in my area with them and i guess i vented in the wrong place :cool:

Your being a pain in the azz ;)

We get the busniess here too in Wisconsin...People tend to lean for the Wisconsin Waterfowl Association and how much they do for the state and how much of your dollars stays within the state....But, DU overruns the WWA in the amount of projects that they do. I have yet to see a WWA project in my area and there are at least a dozen DU projects with lots of habitat that raise ducks.....In fact, DU dollars where used to restore one of Wisconsins Largest prairie potholes and return it to a major duck breeding factory...

Man I hate it when I show up late for a show!

That is fine, I understand your thinking on it although I do not agree with it. I just refuse to become a part of the DU vs DW crap to be honest. I think both are good organizations and will support both of them. I think alot of people don't have the slightest clue as to what actually goes on in both organizations and just go by what they hear. In my opinion that is not a feasible way to come to a conclusion on a matter but what do I know!

I can only assume that this includes you? A lot of people read about these organizations, the work they do, the things they participate in, etc. They also talk with friends and yes, hear about things and experiences others have had to form their own opinions. All are perfectly viable for doing so, yet some may certainly be more reliable than others. You however, like me, are making assumptions of what this man knows or doesn't know. Not the greatest thing to do, eh?

I am the one who is replying logically to make this a decent discussion not just posting up a bunch of misspelled words and what not.

Hmm... you acting like you're the rational one in this discussion just went down the toilet. Once you take pot shots at someone else for typing etiquette then you're just as bad as they are. Granted, we would all love to read something that is perfectly spelled, grammar checked and easy on the eyes, but if you've been exposed to the internet long enough then you certainly must be fluent in typo.

I said I refuse to get in the bashing sessions.

He didn't ask for a bashing session. He asked for opinions on two different organizations. Simple enough.

I am not trying to be an azz.

I have attempted to post up reasonable replies...

I am all for having a civil discussion but not if you are going to continue to take my posts childishly out of context.

I think a MAJORITY of people (not you lefty) but most of the general public is uninformed.

Just because you get a magazine and read it doesn't mean you are informed in what goes on within an organization.

Please if you would like to continue this discussion by all means do it but please do it respectfully.

"I'm taking the upper road here" followed by some veiled/snide remark? :rolleyes:

Good luck with your endeavors but for future references when you ask for opinions, put your big boy pants on and be prepared to discuss logically and do not get so defensive. I answered your question, I never once attacked you.

Saying "support one or both but don't bash" is far from attacking you.

Man you're a friendly feller...

As for the original topic - why not a local organization? A lot of states have Waterfowl Associations that you can join. Those have a direct interest in your local areas. That's what I did - I joined the one formed for our state as I knew I wanted to give something back, but didn't want it to get lost in a national corporation. Apparently that didn't work entirely as I went to a Waterfowl Hunters Party, hosted by DU, and apparenly by attending and paying for dinner you automagically become a member. Which is fine, as I believe the money went to a good cause - waterfowl, but overall, if I had to choose one or the other it would be Delta.

Researching each, I think that Delta fits better with what I would want to see done. That isn't to say that DU doesn't do great things, I think they do, but I also think that they are also getting a bit sidetracked in certain areas. You aren't the first to have issues with them, however minor they may be. We have guys here even that have expressed concerns about DU and what they've done in some local areas that have locked out guys that have hunted areas for generations, for the benefit of a select few. That isn't how I want my dollars to be spent.

Go local. I think you'll get more enjoyment out of it and you'll enjoy participating in the events they have, whether it be a BBQ or a river clean-up.

Good luck.

I'm a member of both DU and DW. Both have positives and negatives for me, but both are doing SOMETHING. There has, in my opinion, never been one organization of any kind which was perfect for everyone. Just look at our current government. No one size fits all. The important thing to rememebr here is that both of these organizations are trying, each in their own way, to better our duck hunting. I don't feel like there is any "wrong way", only "a different way". Lets not get caught up in emotional battles over who is right or wrong, just let each do his/her part to make things better for all of us.

"can't we all just get along?"

Vote RED