Correct M4 Tube Extension

waveone

OK, here we go. Yes, I say 922r is an import law. Reference the FN shotgun that they import AND THEN add an ext. mag to, then sell to civilians.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF005&gid=FNG002&mid=FNM0131

If you take bits of it out of context, you get the typical internet opinion that you can only put non imported extended mags, collasable stocks, ect on your gun. If you talk to 10 different ATF Agents you will get some that say yea and some that say nea.

OK, Here we go again.

First, All you need is one. Why take the chance. So when I advise to err on the side of caution it's good advice.

Second, Check my website. Until recently I was partners in one of the largest Weapons Prop houses in Hollywood. I had daily contact with the BATF because we had an inventory of more than 1500 MG's, SBS's and DD's. So I've driven that turnip truck.

My experience with Federal law is quite extensive and like I originally quoted "There are legality issues when placing an extension on your M4. Unless you are LE Officer and the weapon is used on duty, BATF will have a canary. only comes from a recent sit down with BATF on this exact subject and this exact weapon when the Los Angeles Police Department instituted a private purchase program for it's Officers."

They made their augument quite clear.

Do what you want to do, it's your choice, you're an adult. But don't muddy the waters with your opinion if you're not willing to add a disclaimer or don't intend to represent the person you are advising when he's in Federal Court.

Mike

Edited by Mike Grasso

Johnny until recently I subscribed to the theory that FN had set the bar. I was wrong. I never could get an in person explanation as to how they (FN)circumvent the 922R provision until I asked them while at the Annual Shot Show in Orlando this year. They import their FNH Tactical without a mag tube, stock, fore-end, pistolgrip, follower, or gas system. All those items are made and installed Stateside.

Benelli also answered a few questions. In 2003 they were INSTRUCTED to stop importing collapsible stocks and extension tubes, since they won't (imported parts) render a compliant end product. Many (including me) had speculated they did so in an attempt to be "PC"... not so. Parts count should be met BEFORE adding evil features, unless you subtract before you add, never to exceed the thresh-hold prior to meeting 922R's part's count compliance or being granted SBS approval PRIOR to ADDITIONS. Example, install hunting stock on an M4 (losing pistol grip) you may then exceed 5 round capacity OR add recoil reducer (muzzle extension) OR add bayonet lug, etc. People do it and are typically excused by KNOWLEDGABLE personnel by compassionate virtue when considering that Remington and Mossberg are exempt from such petty and arbitrary legislation, hence it is viewed as paridy rather than contempt. Yes you are correct, NFA transgressions are a nuther ball of wax.

Well, I guess I was wrong.. But then, so was Benelli when they sold thousands of Telescoping Stocks. Why can't Benelli just do the same thing as FNHUSA? They would sell quite a few units that way. Nobody wants a "neutered" gun.

You know, The Second has become a joke. What part of "shall not be infriged" is not clear.

OK, Here we go again.

First, All you need is one. Why take the chance. So when I advise to err on the side of caution it's good advice.

Second, Check my website. Until recently I was partners in one of the largest Weapons Prop houses in Hollywood. I had daily contact with the BATF because we had an inventory of more than 1500 MG's, SBS's and DD's. So I've driven that turnip truck.

My experience with Federal law is quite extensive and like I originally quoted "There are legality issues when placing an extension on your M4. Unless you are LE Officer and the weapon is used on duty, BATF will have a canary. only comes from a recent sit down with BATF on this exact subject and this exact weapon when the Los Angeles Police Department instituted a private purchase program for it's Officers."

They made their augument quite clear.

Do what you want to do, it's your choice, you're an adult. But don't muddy the waters with your opinion if you're not willing to add a disclaimer or don't intend to represent the person you are advising when he's in Federal Court.

Mike

Your the expert Mike, but I'm pretty sure that you can, under Federal Law, put a Benelli Mag tube or ext. on you M4. You just need to buy the Field Stock without the pistol grip.

Mike, I DID put a disclaimer on the end of my post. Last thing I want to do is get one of my fellow gun owners in trouble with the Federales. Under Obama and with the new BATFE Director, they just might start enforcing 922r. After all, their real agenda is to take the effective weapons out of the hands of the civilian population, something they have been very effective in doing in your State.

Here's what usually follows historically after citizens are debarred the ownership of EFFECTIVE weaponry:

police state

Noun

a state in which a government controls people's freedom through the police

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Guest cleefurd
Well, I guess I was wrong.. But then, so was Benelli when they sold thousands of Telescoping Stocks. Why can't Benelli just do the same thing as FNHUSA? They would sell quite a few units that way. Nobody wants a "neutered" gun.

You know, The Second has become a joke. What part of "shall not be infriged" is not clear.

Technically Benelli was not wrong selling those stocks. They were JUST stocks on the neutered tube, since they could not collapse. Thus NFA approval would give the owner a head start on conversion to collapsible function, or 922R pre-compliance with parts count.

Benelli merely stopped importation of the seperate componenent as a mandate from higher powers. Perhaps Benelli could emmulate FNH, just remember FNH had the benefit of fore-sight after witnessing Benelli's odysey with legislative snares. At present it would appear Benelli was once bitten-twice shy, explaining why they are not chomping at the bit to explore options given the climate may undo even their best laid plans. In the mean time we (law abiding citizens) are left to our own devices, which brings us here.

Guest cleefurd

2003 at the Annual shot show is when Benelli was muzzled by our illustrious legislative field enforcers, not Benelli's fault when supply chain is strangled. (remember to vote, join the NRA etc THEN complain)