M4 Receiver Optic Rail - Why it sucks with Picatinny 1913 spec Optic Mounts (Pics)

Duggan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
a non-rotating, titanium, large charging handle would be awesome! btw does kip ship to europe? he didn't respond to my email, probably because his website isn't fully functional yet.

I don't see why he wouldn't. It may cost a bit more, but not much. Kip takes a while with the communication thing sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the poor picture, but the description will suffice; brand new Larue mount carefully mounted on M4 - 25 rds of skeet ammo and the edges are peened over - corresponding witness marks on the rail as well. Glad I inspected after one box, but wish I'd checked it sooner -

Kip - money in hand - can we get an updated progress report? Thx

DamagedLaRueT1Mount.jpg

Edited by tactical1
spelling

Thanks - Just dressed it up a bit w/a file and it fits fine on a real picatinny rail - can't believe "our government" would let a contract for these shotguns and not have an industry standard picatinny rail on the top - wonder how many soldiers have had their mounts go **** up because of this.

Looked at the Sidearmor and they say it is a mil-spec rail, but it doesn't have the full width lug either. That being said, yes, more real estate, but the same problem with the Larue mount I suspect.

SidearmorBenelliMount-1.jpg

Edited by tactical1
add picture

I believe the factory rail is not anodized as hard as it should be. Even the midgets at FN put a proper top rail on their shotgun. The SideArmor has the same cut, but it has held up perfectly.

Factory FAIL (top) vs. SideArmor (bottom). Come to think of it, the factory rail seems to be more of a bottom.

3619213050_c00cd205cf.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2443/3619213050_c00cd205cf_b.jpg

Does anyone know if Kip will be showing product at the Shot Show this week?

If he is and anyone visits with him, Please let us know what the status of his rail system is.

OR, if you visit any other vendor that might have a correct rail pleas advise.

It is so hard to believe a simple rail replacement cannot be found.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if Kip will be showing product at the Shot Show this week?

If he is and anyone visits with him, Please let us know what the status of his rail system is.

OR, if you visit any other vendor that might have a correct rail pleas advise.

It is so hard to believe a simple rail replacement cannot be found.

It's still coming ... just no reliable ETA yet.

Good things come to those who wait.

Kip is hardcore OCD.

This worries him, but it's good for us (except the ETA's).

I spoke with him today about the Benelli Ti bolt. He made a lot of Ti bolts, but after multiple times being inserted/taken out of the assembly, when using a jeweler's loupe, he could see markings on them. This would not do for Kip, so he is making a 2-piece assembly from A2 tool steel and Ti alloy, fastening them togather with the same adhesive used in jet engines, and has purchased a heat-treating apparatus that will allow the digital algorithmic control of the temperature of this treating machine.

It will be the best bolt-handle known to man.

Kip is hardcore OCD.

It will be the best bolt-handle known to man.

The best handle ever dreamed up by man would be a more apt description. More Kip vaporware. He should hire someone that knows how to run a business at the 5 yr old lemonade stand level, it would be a big improvement. I'd wish he'd focus on these P-rails that should have shipped a year ago. This thread is 16 months old (almost 10,000 views) and nada, zip, dash sh*t on the market. It's a piece of metal!!

Yes, he makes a great tube, but that's all we've seen and even those ship at an embarrassing slow rate. Go back a year or more and see rails, chokes etc -- nothing has ever materialized. Let's not generate an iota of expectation in the minds of newbies here.

Edited by BigHat