camo finish

tdaggett

Now that duck seasons over with, a thorough cleaning revealed a lot of scratches and peeling of the camo finish on my new SBE II. Is this normal, and if so is there a fix or do you just live with it? I think some other manufacturers coat theirs with a protective coating. Can this be applied to the Benelli?

My Browning Silver started peeling after just a few hunts. Looked like heck after just 1/2 a season.

Browning CS told me to pound sand :mad:

My SBE II is fine going into it's 4th season in the field.

I've never had one problem with any camo Benelli.

I guess you just never know :confused:

Depends on a few things - what, if any, cleaning solvents has the finish been exposed to? Some of those will damage the camo finish.

Also, there are some spots on a shotgun that are going to get "normal" wear, that the camo treatment will become thinner and eventually show through to whats underneath.

And... you could have just gotten a bad dip job (or whatever process they use to put it on). Some wear is going to be expected, but if it's excessive you could certainly call Benelli CS and ask about it. Otherwise, Tuckers advise works great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would guess if it is coming off and not just a little ware from where your hands are all the time. that it is the cleaning solvents you are using. most will strip the camo off like acitone will to any paint. there are some cleaner/degreasers that are just for synthetics and camo paint.

i would guess if it is coming off and not just a little ware from where your hands are all the time. that it is the cleaning solvents you are using. most will strip the camo off like acitone will to any paint. there are some cleaner/degreasers that are just for synthetics and camo paint.

would fp-10 be one that is safe for camo guns??

My Browning Silver started peeling after just a few hunts. Looked like heck after just 1/2 a season.

Browning CS told me to pound sand :mad:

This is one reason i bought an sbeII and not a silver, I actually called browning cs to ask them if they peeled, the guy got real ticked and told me that he had never heard of them peeling.

I thought that was bs.

So i bought a benelli.

there is a solvent made by Birchwood Casey, called gun scrubber-synthetic safe cleaner,that is safe on all camo and synthetic stocks. i have a S.B.E that is factory camo and i have been using this stuff for 4 years on it now. i have used other solvents on this gun and luckly it was just inside of the receiver where you cant see the camo job.

This is one reason i bought an sbeII and not a silver, I actually called browning cs to ask them if they peeled, the guy got real ticked and told me that he had never heard of them peeling.

I thought that was bs.

So i bought a benelli.

I shoot the heck out of that Silver and have zero regrets about buying it. But I shoot lots of guns and tend to like them all :D

Can't wait to see what the Vinci is!!!

I shoot the heck out of that Silver and have zero regrets about buying it. But I shoot lots of guns and tend to like them all :D

Can't wait to see what the Vinci is!!!

Never questioned the mechanics of the browning, just didn't want to buy a gun that would peel. Also i never really could shoulder the silver very well. I would always have the gun titled to the left at a 45 degree angle. The benelli went right on just about each time

• 1 month later...

my brother in law has a xtrema and its camo has destroyed from like two years of waterfowl thats the only reason i got black synthetic vinci i wouldnt worry about it check cabelas.com and they may have a skin type thing alot of people put it on there wood guns but its permanent so it dont peel like that tape junk that ruined my 870