dangit

leftie

I was out to the range today with my m2 i had problems with it 2 months ago it would jam the unfired shell coming up the elivator but it would throw the empty out great if i taped on the bottom of the evivator it would cycle it ,so i took the advice hear on the forum and compleatly took it appart and degreased it with brake part cleaner , and put a light coat of the benelli oil that comes with the gun , i went back down and shot 25 rounds as quick as possible NO jams , then i shot 2 rounds of skeet no jams i went back to the club today i shot 1 box and got 3 james the same as before is there anything els i can check ,otherwise i will have to send it back fore repair and that would be a while untill i get it back , i love the m2 but its frustrating , HELP:(

Leftie, are you shooting 3dr. 1 1/8oz. loads? That's the minimum powder/shot weight for that gun if it's a 12ga.

Next, have you cleaned the recoil tube out. If everthing is clean and lubricated, this is probably what is going on. Spray the recoil tube out with non chlorinated brake cleaner till you see it coming out clean and then let it dry. Then hit again with a Blast of lubricant (about a 2 second blast). I like Eezox because it dries and doesn't attrack residue, but Rem Oil, or anything else like Breakfree will work, even the Benelli CLP that comes with your shotgun (It will be harder to get it in though). Try this before you send your shotgun back, Leftie. Let us know how it works out.

Guest cleefurd

The recoil tube maintenance is a HUGE oft overlooked item. Follow this link http://forum.averyoutdoors.com/showthread.php?t=51462, and where applicable plug in details that pertain to your M2. In particular he references the M2 in paragraph 5 of the response to the OP on that thread, as the OP post relates to it. Please take note of lubricant types, dosages, and recommended spring rates for differing intended ammo to be used, upwards shooting, cold weather etc. Long story short even though we CAN put a man on the moon, still seems like ammunition spectrums outwit recoil engineers. About the ONLY universal recoil compensation system I ever saw that actually WORKED was a recoil RETARDED system employed by HK in their P7 series pistols, which were blow-back operated, yet had a slide mounted piston that SLOWED the recoil MORE as pressure through the gas port increased. In this way they could employ an extremely weak spring and light weight slide for wimpy rounds, and +P rounds would use gas pressure in direct opposition to the slide to HELP moderate the increased force. That is what a simple inertia system can not do, since it is dependent on the finite realm of the pre-determined recoil spring rate for full cycling. Hope this helps.

Edited by cleefurd

thanks tucker i did mean tapped , and i did clean the recoil spring also but thanks i will try it again maby it was just a couple bad shells they are the 3dram 1and an eight oz federal top gun , or maby i just diddent clean it good enough the first time thanks fore all the good advice ill let you know

thanks tucker i did mean tapped , and i did clean the recoil spring also but thanks i will try it again maby it was just a couple bad shells they are the 3dram 1and an eight oz federal top gun , or maby i just diddent clean it good enough the first time thanks fore all the good advice ill let you know

Just to make sure Leftie. Its the recoil tube that runs inside your buttstock. That's what you cleaned, right? Not the magazine tube. Just trying to help you get your gun running Buddy.Dorked up gun will really make you crazy till you get them dialed in. A lot like Women really.

thanks johnny i cleaned them both again this time i actually took the spring out and cleaned it and the tube ,the one in the stock . ill try it next week ,now you had better say sompthing nice to sgt cathy i think you got here ruffled , lol . thanks again ill let you all know next week how it worked out

thanks johnny i cleaned them both again this time i actually took the spring out and cleaned it and the tube ,the one in the stock . ill try it next week ,now you had better say sompthing nice to sgt cathy i think you got here ruffled , lol . thanks again ill let you all know next week how it worked out

Yeah Leftie this place is right up there with ARFCOM on the brutality scale.

well im back from the skeet club again :confused:i shot the first round of skeet with 3 jams the same way coming up the elevator ,i was shooting 3 dram federal ,so i tried a box of winchester and i just shot them all off in a row not a jam so then i tried another box of federal on another round of skeet and no jams , so either they were just bad shells ,because the last time i cleaned the gun after it did it 2 weeks ago it wasent dirty then but i completley cleaned it again hopefully it did the trick this time ,thanks fore all your help and comments