Said Goodbye

Webfoot

Guest cleefurd

Whether it was painless or not (Lord I hope it was) she looked content and happy while she was here from the pictures. Lost two dogs last year and have since replaced them both. You are right.... there will be no comparison, and no one could have ever convinced me of this up front, but one of the new-comers has already gripped my heart, and bonded with that part of a human's soul that only a dog can find and capture. Not a replacement mind you, but you will find great comfort and familiarity with what ever new dog that finds you.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent from Mississippi!

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments.

Her name was Mocha (original, I know). It somehow refleted her demeanor. A little bit of sass, a little bit selfish and a lot of, "This is my world and you all are just living it," attitude. She was an incredibly loyal friend and had a drive I've never seen in another hunting dog.

Her stubornness was a little to blame for her demise but its also what made her such a fierce hunter.

She was great in the house and tolerated being number 2 once my son arrived a little over a year ago.

Her death really tugs at my heart, but I feel good knowing she had an incredibly life, not only in the field but at home too.

She will be missed...

Thanks again.

Michael