any fix to supernova trigger sticking?

perkis

hey all; ive read on more than one occasion of novas and SN's trigger sticking back after the first shell is fired; this first happened to me last spring snow goose season and i didnt have a clue what was wrong or what happened; i had to manually pull the trigger forward again to get it unstuck; ive had it happen sporadically since and ive taken the trigger group out and wiped it all out and sprayed out all the gunk with canned air; my question is are there any ways to prevent this or a fix to this? can benelli even fix it? ive never had this happen with any other shotgun ive shot except for the supernova. thanks

• 9 months later...

Got the exact same problem and have not been able to find a reason why my supernova is doing this. But one thing i did notice was when I took the trigger assembley apart the safety plunger and safety plunger spring was not there and there doesnt seem to even be a seat/place for the spring to go, but it is listed on the parts list and exploded diagram.

help please!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

There is a very simple solution to this issue.

You must take the trigger completely out. You will notice the rear of the trigger is "squared." When you fire a heavy recoil load, the squared portion of the trigger jams into the rear of the trigger gaurd and gets stuck. The solution is to round the squared portion by sanding it. Once it is rounded, the trigger will never stick again.

I have posted the fix on another site with a picture: Go to duckhuntingchat.com then look up "Super Nova trigger issue: FIXED"

I hope this helps.

• 8 months later...
There is a very simple solution to this issue.

You must take the trigger completely out. You will notice the rear of the trigger is "squared." When you fire a heavy recoil load, the squared portion of the trigger jams into the rear of the trigger gaurd and gets stuck. The solution is to round the squared portion by sanding it. Once it is rounded, the trigger will never stick again.

I have posted the fix on another site with a picture: Go to duckhuntingchat.com then look up "Super Nova trigger issue: FIXED"

I hope this helps.

I made a video of the fix you can search youtube for:

search "trigger fix for benelli supernova."

Hope this helps.

- Jonathan