M2 Tactical, will I be happy with it?

Horten

Well, I got it, shot it, and love it. I put 300 rounds through it without a hitch. I put a few boxes of full power buck, then some reduced recoil buck, and a couple hundred rounds of the Walmart bulk #7. I really like it, alot. I was out with a few friends on BLM land, so I could go a little wild (safely, of course).

I bought an M2 Tactical. I saw an M4 about a week ago, but just could not bring myself to shell out $1800+ out the door. It was a real nice gun though. This is something I am just going to shoot for fun once in a while and keep around for HD. I was telling the guy shooting next to me at the range I just bought one, and he preceeded to tell me that the M2 is a piece of garbage, it will only work with 00 buck and slugs, and even then only sometimes, and that I should have got the M4. He then pretty much implied that I would be lucky if it even worked out of the box, and I would have gotten a better bang for the buck setting my cash on fire. Well, I had enough money for the M4, but I was also getting a couple of CZ Scouts for my twin boys (first guns), and figured I'd save myself a few hundred bucks, as business has been slow and I probably should not be spending money anyways. Is the M2 realy that bad, or is this guy just blowing hot air. (Come to think of it, I've never gotten good advice from from range blow hards before, but you never know)

Edited by Horten

If you don't like it there's something wrong with you. I have M1's, M2's,and an M4. I was smart enough to not buy an M3.

I shoot my M1 the most flatout bitchen gun. Grab a couple of boxes of some stout stuff and run it through your gun when new.

Keep the bolt lubed inside the carrier and light oil on the carrier and rails. Take it out and have fun.

I shoot 3 gun and M1's and M2's dominate with a rare M4 in the mix.

If you don't like it there's something wrong with you. I have M1's, M2's,and an M4. I was smart enough to not buy an M3.

I shoot my M1 the most flatout bitchen gun. Grab a couple of boxes of some stout stuff and run it through your gun when new.

Keep the bolt lubed inside the carrier and light oil on the carrier and rails. Take it out and have fun.

I shoot 3 gun and M1's and M2's dominate with a rare M4 in the mix.

So what's wrong with the M-3? I have never had any problems with mine, I "feel lucky" to have one.

Any of the Benelli's are a fine choice. Just as Cksh8me states, go buy some full load 00 Buck, at least 50 rds, and run it through your gun to "loosen" it up. After that you'll be surprised what she'll shoot.

As for your M4 purchase, there will always be something "newer", "better", "sexier' out there. Enjoy what you have, enjoy your time with your twins and their Scouts, nothing can replace that!!!

Mike

Any of the Benelli's are a fine choice. Just as Cksh8me states, go buy some full load 00 Buck, at least 50 rds, and run it through your gun to "loosen" it up. After that you'll be surprised what she'll shoot.

As for your M4 purchase, there will always be something "newer", "better", "sexier' out there. Enjoy what you have, enjoy your time with your twins and their Scouts, nothing can replace that!!!

Mike

10-4!!!!! Thats what matters!

Thanks for the replies. I figured it could not be that bad, since they seem to sell as fast as they get them in. I like the feel, and the fact that it is real light. I think I'm going to get a DMW 2 shot extension. My sons are 8, and their looking forward to going as much as I'm looking forward to taking them. I tell ya, some of the crap I hear at ranges and gun stores.

Thousands of rounds thru my M2T, in every kind of ugly condition... never a bobble, never a hiccup.

Goes bang every single stinkin' time you pull the trigger.

Of course, keeping it clean and properly lubed is a small price for 100% reliablity.

IMO... If it's a Benelli, and it has the letter 'M' in the model designation, you can pretty much count on it to defend your life and the lives of your loved ones.

C

Yeah, I have a brand new M2 field, my free tactical stock just arrived...I started with three boxes of 00 buck, about 35 1500fps slugs, and another box of 1300 #2 steel shot...then i ran two more boxes of #8 Big 5 cheap stuff...only thing that suffered was the community behind the range at 800 am on Saturday...really like it...and it fired everything...even some random leftover stuff from my ammo bag (from last season) ...OH also super impressed with the patterns...best shotgun I own...

• 1 month later...

I have an older (23+ years) S90 M1, in Defense Configuaration and it's worked every single time for myself and fellow LE types I've loaned it to. Fired every thing through it from 3" magnums to light 2+1/2" English rounds. Never had a single burb of any kind and their have been qualification days at the range where my baby has seen hundreds of rounds of 00 buck and slugs shot in a day. Just love to show up those old Remington pumps the local PD's bring with them and watch them break down. :D