Benlli SuperNova SteadyGrip

trailtec

Hello, I am new to this Forum, and want to give everyone a big hello!!

I would like to start out with a question, I have a Benelli supernova steadygrip, my problem is...I can't find a scope base that fits it right, all the ones listed by weaver is about 1/2 in to long and extends to the receiver thus holds it about 1/16 off the rail seat. Can anyone tell me what base they used on their SN, would really like to find a camo one. Also would like to find some kind of recoil reducing pad and have been having trouble finding one to fit also.

Thanks for any help, trailtec

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I am new to this Forum, and want to give everyone a big hello!!

I would like to start out with a question, I have a Benelli supernova steadygrip, my problem is...I can't find a scope base that fits it right, all the ones listed by weaver is about 1/2 in to long and extends to the receiver thus holds it about 1/16 off the rail seat. Can anyone tell me what base they used on their SN, would really like to find a camo one. Also would like to find some kind of recoil reducing pad and have been having trouble finding one to fit also.

Thanks for any help, trailtec

have you looked at the b-square saddle mounts? I put one on my nova and it works great!

Also try limbsaver for your recoil pad I put one on my nova and it sure helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy I just finished that same project - LOL!!

I ordered the base and rings from a store in the US. When they came in they are indeed too long for the gun :mad: - the steady grip has a different molding than the standard Super Nova. This molding has a lip near the end that causes the stock end of the base to sit a hair higher. What I did was take my base and cut off the last 1/4" off it so it cleared that lip. This modification did not affect my 2 mounting holes or where I positioned the rings on the base. I just bought some beige model paint and painted the cut end of the mount so you could not tell.

All in all worked out amazing.

DSC01230.jpg

• 1 month later...
Great pic. Where did you find the camo base plate?

I used a Burris #410609 (Benelli Nova (Weaver Style)) one piece camo base.

Like was said before, it is about 1/2 inch too long on the back end, so you have to cut it to fit. No problem with a sharp hacksaw or dremel tool. Then paint the end with a bit of model paint.

On a more general note, I wish there were more parts readily available for this gun that custom fit - e.g a sling.

Got one more question for you. I noticed plastic or rubber plugs are in the tapped holes for mounting the plate. I think I can get to two of them from inside the chamber to push them out. But the two that are further back (not far from being above the trigger guard) I'm uncertain as how to get those out. I really prefer not to break the gun down to where I have to undo the trigger assembly. Do you recall what you did to remove those two?

Got one more question for you. I noticed plastic or rubber plugs are in the tapped holes for mounting the plate. I think I can get to two of them from inside the chamber to push them out. But the two that are further back (not far from being above the trigger guard) I'm uncertain as how to get those out. I really prefer not to break the gun down to where I have to undo the trigger assembly. Do you recall what you did to remove those two?

I went through the same problem. Seems like the only way to get them out is to "push" them out from inside the receiver. It would have been so much easier with removable "filler" screws !!!

It's the back 2 plugs that are the problem. I could not find any way to get at these except to loosen the stock (use a 1/2 inch deep socket wrench and count the # of turns so you know how tight it has to be when you re-assemle it). This will then allow you to take the trigger assembly out, then the bolt out (Follow the instructions in the manual to do this). Finally put the gun upside down and use a small rod to gently push out the plugs from the inside (careful not to damage the threads).

Hope this helps.

Edited by huntr98

Thanks for the info. I called the Benelli company today and to my surprise breaking down the gun is the way they recommend getting the plastic inserts out. Somebody sure didn't do their homework and understimated that this is not what the consumer wants to spend their time doing. I guess for some gun fanatics who enjoying taking a gun apart - that will work for them. For others, like me and you, we don't want to deal with the inconveience and uncertainty in breaking down a new gun. I just prefer not to have to pull out the trigger mechasim. I'll be sending a courtesy letter to their product develoment team to ask them to get this thing right in the future for unssuspecting purchasers and will also let them know they need to work closely with scope accessory companies to develop a camo base plate that doesn't need to be sawn off at home just to make it fit the SuperNova Steadygrip. I have found several gloss black plates and some flat black plates but not a camo one that fits properly without requiring adjustments.

Cheers!

Outdoorsurveys, it's not too hard to do and it gives you a good chance to degrease/clean your new gun, but I do agree that it was a surprise to me that there were no custon fit bases around and that I had to take the gun completely apart to take out the tiny rubber inserts.

Benelli should ship the scope base kit with the gun if they are so hard to find. Also, it should put an insert in the manual for the procedure required to take out the plugs, or better still as I said before, use filler screws!!!

• 2 weeks later...