question about Benelli M4 mag extension

1911top

I don't know if anyone has checked GB lately, but an oem +2 mag extender sold for $800+ last night! - i guess one could make the argument if you're trying to do a mod with all original factory parts etc. that the price is justified because there aren't that many around and that's what they go for...but when it comes to functionality, after market mag extenders work just as well right? I think i know the answer, but when i see something like that auction i just wanna make sure i'm not missing something

There is absolutely no reason to pay that much for a factory extension when you can get a higher quality, stronger aftermarket full length tube for around $200.

Being made of "all factory parts" does nothing for you legally either, it actually can only hurt you.

So no, you're not missing anything, some people are just retarded.

• 1 month later...
why a new full length tube when a +2 extension is cheaper and easier?

We are talking about "factory" +2 extensions, not aftermarket. The factory extensions sell on ebay for $500+ at times. They are not worth half this.

And the full length tube is just a cleaner, stronger, better look. It gives your m4 the natural capacity that it was meant to have, not a "look at me I've been de-nutered" look like an extension tube does.

TwoBenelliTubes.jpg

That's not a +2, but it's the same idea.

We are talking about "factory" +2 extensions, not aftermarket. The factory extensions sell on ebay for $500+ at times. They are not worth half this.

And the full length tube is just a cleaner, stronger, better look. It gives your m4 the natural capacity that it was meant to have, not a "look at me I've been de-nutered" look like an extension tube does.

TwoBenelliTubes.jpg

That's not a +2, but it's the same idea.

+1

I got mine from a member here.

I would say that the tac star mag extension is just as good as all of the others out there. I have shot the heck out of mine and never had a problem.

It's a simple, single piece of metal ... how much trouble would you really expect it to give you?

So long as it's made to spec and threaded properly, it doesn't really matter what it's made of or who makes it as far as functionality is concerned ... what you pay extra for is shape, finish and weight savings, and to some degree strength and simplicity.

That said, I'm sure the tac star's work just fine. I've never seen one in person.