extrema2 vs sbe2

BPUL2113

The Extrema 2 in my opinion is an all around great shotgun. Two of my buddies who I duck hunt with bought brand new Extema 2's at the beginning of duck season this year and they haven't had any problems with them what so ever.

A major + about the Extrema 2 is that there is no break in period required unlike the SBE 2. With the Extrema 2 all we had to do is take the gun out of the box, take the action apart and clean everything real good and that was it (just follow the directions in the owners manual). The first time my buddies both shot their Extrema 2's was in the duck blind, and they cycled perfectly everytime.

The only problem I have with the Extrema 2 is that the safety is in front of the trigger guard, but thats easy to get use to. And with the Extrema 2 there are more parts to clean than the SBE 2.

Read these threads, your going to notice alot of guys having problems with their SBE 2's not feeding correctly or having the "Benelli Click" problem where the bolt is not completely engauging, and some guys on here love their SBE 2's it all depends on what you like. Benelli has great customer service though so they can help you with problems like that.

When im duck hunting the last thing I want to be worring about is whether or not my shotgun is going to shoot 3 times for me. I know the Extrema 2 will shoot everytime I pull the trigger.

A major + about the Extrema 2 is that there is no break in period required unlike the SBE 2.

Well, not exactly. I too own an Extrema 2, and I believe it says right in the owners manual that they suggest to break the gun in with a couple boxes of "heavy" loads. I did just that. I put two boxes of 3-1/2" loads through the gun before doing anything else with it. Was it necessary? I don't know, but that's what the instructions said to do, so I did it. I've had no issues with my Beretta.

The only problem I have with the Extrema 2 is that the safety is in front of the trigger guard, but thats easy to get use to. And with the Extrema 2 there are more parts to clean than the SBE 2.

You know, I didn't like that safety placement at first either, and then I started to notice that it was just as natural, if not even more so, to pull your finger back to the trigger rather than moving it forward as most are used to. I think it's just a matter of it always having been that way and so now that there is something different we aren't sure about it. It hasn't affected my shooting at all - in fact, I'm still as lousy of a shot as I ever was.

Definitely takes a bit longer to clean than the SBE 2.

Read these threads, your going to notice alot of guys having problems with their SBE 2's not feeding correctly or having the "Benelli Click" problem where the bolt is not completely engauging, and some guys on here love their SBE 2's it all depends on what you like. Benelli has great customer service though so they can help you with problems like that.

This isn't exactly a fair statement as after all, this is the Benelli forum, and so of course you are going to read more about guys having issues with their SBE 2's because this is where they would come to ask about it. Considering that, the numbers are going to be skewed because guys aren't coming here to ask why their Beretta Extrema 2 isn't working right. Right?

Don't get me wrong - I love my Extrema. Very easy on the shoulder with the Kick Off system. Great gun and I have never been sorry that I bought it. I do however wish it felt like the SBE 2 because that gun just feels like it swings better to me.