Anyone using 2 C shims on M2

curdog

Ummh... I think using 2 shims won't help you a lot. Your best option would be to get a custom butt locking plate. You just need a butt locking plate with a higher hole and you should be perfect. Any good machinist could do that.

I don't agree with this for the most part. The plate itself is matched to the shims by letter. When you tighten the stock nut on whatever plate you use, the stock will seat against the shims, and the shims will control the angle of the stock.

As to using two factory C shims, that should help some, but I have ground down the bottom of shims with a sander to get more drop.

Again has anyone had to use two c shimms to lower point of aim or impact ?

Curdog -- I am currently using two shims in my new Montefeltro Silver. Same problem... looking at a lot of rib and needing to lower the stock. I used the C & D shims (together)... rather "drastic" but just what I needed. A and B shims don't do much for drop. They are thicker at the bottom (rather than the top) and seem to go the wrong direction for this correction. All you have to do is shave off the titties so they will fit together.

Also installed a Hi-Viz CompSight, PM 1002, which also helped to raise the point of impact a bit more. It is a larger sight and has the effect of lowering the zero point. Hope this helps. Worked for me. I am dropping more birds now!

Thanks Pro the m2 doesn,t have a d shim and benelli says they don,t offer one for it . I do have another c shim ordered and will be putting it own as soon as i get it .

I like the benelli but must say out about 6 other shotguns i have this is the only one that i have to adjust my cheek after i throw the gun up to make it shot dead center , the others are there when i throw them up the first time .

I learned my shotgun shooting with a A-5 and i shoot them well , funny thing i have always had people tell me how they couldn,t hit with them now the shoes on the other foot .

I used to bird hunt , but here in misssissippi we don,t have many birds anymore so i started squirrel hunting with dogs , it,s about the same except it gets hard to find the squirrel in the tree all you see sometimes is a ear or foot but once they start running there pretty hard to hit , but anyway you do get to watch the dogs work etc .thats what makes it fun not the killing , put i do want the gun to shoot where i aim it .

Oh ! To make it even more fun we hunt off horses shooting and all if you like guns, dogs , horses and fun it,s the only way to fly . Thanks for your input .

Thanks Pro the m2 doesn,t have a d shim and benelli says they don,t offer one for it . I do have another c shim ordered and will be putting it own as soon as i get it .

I like the benelli but must say out about 6 other shotguns i have this is the only one that i have to adjust my cheek after i throw the gun up to make it shot dead center , the others are there when i throw them up the first time .

I learned my shotgun shooting with a A-5 and i shoot them well , funny thing i have always had people tell me how they couldn,t hit with them now the shoes on the other foot .

I used to bird hunt , but here in misssissippi we don,t have many birds anymore so i started squirrel hunting with dogs , it,s about the same except it gets hard to find the squirrel in the tree all you see sometimes is a ear or foot but once they start running there pretty hard to hit , but anyway you do get to watch the dogs work etc .thats what makes it fun not the killing , put i do want the gun to shoot where i aim it .

Oh ! To make it even more fun we hunt off horses shooting and all if you like guns, dogs , horses and fun it,s the only way to fly . Thanks for your input .

Since you don't have a D shim, I like Mudhen's suggestion that you do a little shaving down on another C shim (on the BOTTOM) and put two in there... that oughta' do it! And if you're still shooting high, try a bigger front sight. Sure like the one I got (HiVix CompSight, PM1002 -- comes with interchangeable lite tubes that vary in size so you can find the one you like.) My previous gun, like yours, was also a Browning. A Sweet Sixteen (A-5 frame). Guess that's why we need all this drop... those Brownings have tons of drop with that big receiver sitting WAY up there. Guess we got very accustomed to that.

Your squirrel hunting on horseback sounds like fun. At my (advanced) age, I think I'll just stay on the ground and keep chasing quail & dove. Hope this all works out for you... be patient and keep working on it and you'll find the right combination to make that gun HIT! I think it's a great thing the Benelli is this flexible on fitting. Have a good one.

Pro i,m not a spring chicken i,m 61 but i have ridden all my life and i,m getting lazy . It,s easier to ride than walk those cur dogs can strech it out sometimes . But make no mistake the horse i ride is really special he,s 10 and has been squirrel hunting 8 of those years and up until lately had a lot of squirrels shot off him , but lately he,s just been shot off . Like i said i don,t care if i kill anything are not . With what i,ve got in horses and dogs and gear i could sell out and eat steak and a lobster every now and then , but i,d be bored to death . I,m in mississippi and read where we have about 45 deer per acre but there safe with me i can,t sit still and have alawys had some type hunting dogs .

Anyway thanks for the reply i,ll get this gun worked out even if i don,t care about killing i want the gun to shoot where i aim and i,m only 6 inches off now that,s better than the foot i started off with .

I wonder how many people really take the time to pattern there guns and know where there shooting . Not many i bet .

Pro i,m not a spring chicken i,m 61 but i have ridden all my life and i,m getting lazy . It,s easier to ride than walk those cur dogs can strech it out sometimes . But make no mistake the horse i ride is really special he,s 10 and has been squirrel hunting 8 of those years and up until lately had a lot of squirrels shot off him , but lately he,s just been shot off . Like i said i don,t care if i kill anything are not . With what i,ve got in horses and dogs and gear i could sell out and eat steak and a lobster every now and then , but i,d be bored to death . I,m in mississippi and read where we have about 45 deer per acre but there safe with me i can,t sit still and have alawys had some type hunting dogs .

Anyway thanks for the reply i,ll get this gun worked out even if i don,t care about killing i want the gun to shoot where i aim and i,m only 6 inches off now that,s better than the foot i started off with .

I wonder how many people really take the time to pattern there guns and know where there shooting . Not many i bet .

I recently built a 4' X 4' patterning frame from two-by-fours and used iron T-posts to mount it. Fixed it so that we can remove the frame (wing nuts) and just leave the T-posts in the ground so they'll be there next time. Found a big four-foot wide roll of paper at a teacher supply store. Did all this for around $20 or so. Learned that my Montefeltro now shoots where I aim it, BUT, I did end up changing chokes because of what I saw. Patterning IS the way to go.

Curdog -- You've got me thinking... Quail hunting behind a dog on horseback? I'd consider it if they made saddles with a donut seat and a backrest! Got you beat by 2 years on the 'who's the oldest' contest. Yep, I'm only 63 but I gotta' lotta' miles on me! If I stay on the ground I'm going to have a shorter distance to fall, right?

All in fun, have a good one! Stay "young" as long as you can... now, where's my Preparation-H?

Pro that,s why you get a shorter horse ! No really i know what you mean about the futher to fall . You have to have a good horse that you can believe in . I,m looking for another one right now so i can take buddy,s with me that haven,t ever been on a horse . I,ve been hunting with some people who shake there head and mumble this is going to be fun watching him bust is ass , but after a afternoon round i,ll hear does that horse ride double .

I appreciate anybody that has passion for what they do . My youngest son is 23 and loves the outdoors and is always my competion and he,s starting to gain on me now as he gets smarter in the ways of the woods and water , when he beats me he,ll say i got you today pops and i,ll always say just be doing it when you get my age . I hope he does .

Talking about quail hunting about the only outdoor shows i watch on tv are the ones with the quail hunting with dogs .

I used to have a hat that said .

The More I,m around Women The Better I Like My Dogs !

I think my wife did away with it , i can,t find it to wear anymore .