Getting my first Benelli. Need answers!

cceman

Need some help from all you that have already got a Benelli. I am in the process of getting my first auto loader and have decided Benelli is the one for me. I am trying to decide between the SBE2 or the M2. The money is not an issue, please give me your thoughts.

Thanks CCEMAN

It depends. The M2 won't shoot 3 1/2" shells. Which one you buy really depends on what you want it for. I have both. The SBE II is for waterfowl as I dont think steel shot it worth a damn and shoot the 3.5's with larger shot for ducks and geese. The M2 I use for upland birds, dove and quail. Just my humble opinion.

My SBEII 2003 Black synthetic will shoot just about anything ya put in it and it's a tad over kill for smaller birds but 2 3/4 inch shells shoot fine in mine as do the 3 1/2's for waterfowl! It works in about all situations for me but hate it on the skeet range! shoots fine, but they only allow 1 shell in gun on city range for trap and only 2 for passing doubles on the skeet side! i guess if i did not have carpel tunnel i would not be complaining!:p

I've had an SBEII 12 Ga. since last Spring. While quite a few seem to get the SBEII for waterfowl only, I chose it for all my bird hunting. In fact, this last season I only hunted upland birds (MT, WY, CA, AZ) and it was a joy to carry and shoot. When I compared the M2 and SBEII prior to my choice, I noted very little difference in weight or length (look at the stats on the product pages); but the SBEII's 3 1/2" "versatility" made my decision.

I've had no problems with any load I've tried. The lightest load I've used is 3 1/4 dram equiv., 1 1/8 oz., which I prefer for dove/quail and also use for practice on the trap range at my club.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need some help from all you that have already got a Benelli. I am in the process of getting my first auto loader and have decided Benelli is the one for me. I am trying to decide between the SBE2 or the M2. The money is not an issue, please give me your thoughts.

Thanks CCEMAN

Don't fool around, take the SBEII for the versatility. You can get a fair price on synthetic stock models. Otherwise, pick up the new Vinci. I have been shooting an original HK imported(1992) SBE with a 26" bbl. Love it.

Edited by hattles
mispelled word

Thanks CCEMAN

I would also recommend getting the 26" barrel on the SBE...as the receiver is a little longer...I have been shooting an HK imported 26"- SBE since 1992 at everything from skeet to 12lb Honkers and don't feel the need for the extra 2" of weight on the barrel. I think it swings better also.

That's a good question. I have an SBE, and I want an M2. I can't say anything bad about the SBEs, I've been very pleased with mine. And it has 'converted' a few Remington and Beretta folks as well.

I'd get the SBE II, just in case you ever decide you want to shoot 3.5 in. shells. You can add the M2 later if you wish.