tucker301 and all HELP

waterfowler050

ok here is my problem. i got my m2 and ove it but it does this one thing. some times if i pull back the slide to load the chamber the elivator thingy comes up and i cand load a round, then i look to the little silver button thingy and its pushed in as well as the action slide realese. if i can get it to happen again i will take a pic and show you. now after this happened i called benelli and explained and they said it cant and didnt happen but i am not stupid ecause it DID. it isnt a huge problem but just dont like that it is happening. oh and what are some good lubes i use break free but dont think that is the best.

It sounds like the the trigger group was removed and then re-installed incorrectly.

There is a small spring that keeps reverse pressure on the cartridge drop lever.

Remove the trigger group and insure that the spring (077B) is hooked over the end of the lever (076L) and that it has not slipped off.

It's an easy thing to get wrong.

cart-drop-spring.jpg

It sounds like the the trigger group was removed and then re-installed incorrectly.

There is a small spring that keeps reverse pressure on the cartridge drop lever.

Remove the trigger group and insure that the spring (077B) is hooked over the end of the lever (076L) and that it has not slipped off.

It's an easy thing to get wrong.

cart-drop-spring.jpg

Tucker... I AM amazed! How in the world is a Comp Tech supposed to know all this detailed stuff about every brand of shotgun in the world? You are TOO MUCH! How have you found time to learn all this stuff? (You married the boss's daughter, didn't you?)

My SBE II does the same thing. I verified my trigger group is assembled correctly. Here's what you can do to prevent it from happening with yours:

Let's assume your gun is completely empty. When your HAMMER IS COCKED and you lock the bolt to the rear, the carrier will rise to load an imaginary round into the chamber.

To prevent this from happening, push up on the cartridge drop lever, then lock or pull the bolt to the rear to manually load a round in the chamber. This will prevent the carrier from rising...just like ranmcc posted above.

If you forget to do this and lock it to the rear, there are two ways to get the bolt forward:

1. Push the carrier down with one hand while holding the bolt handle with the other

2. With the bolt locked to the rear, pull back even further on the bolt handle til it won't go back any farther. Mine goes back about another 1/8 inch and simply release the bolt. It will slam shut.

When the hammer is NOT COCKED the bolt will lock to the rear and the carrier will not rise up to feed another imaginary round into the chamber. If your hammer is cocked, the carrier will rise to feed another round. At least that's how it works with mine...

Edited by sepp