Limbsaver Installation on SBE II?

ranmcc

screw the screws into the bracket first, then place the bracket in the stock, then use the screws to pull the bracket to the inside of the stock. Finally, carefully unscrew the screws from the bracket and set the pad on the gun and CAREFULLY screw in the pad.

Hope this helps. It only took me 3 mins after I did it this way.

novaking

screw the screws into the bracket first, then place the bracket in the stock, then use the screws to pull the bracket to the inside of the stock. Finally, carefully unscrew the screws from the bracket and set the pad on the gun and CAREFULLY screw in the pad.

Hope this helps. It only took me 3 mins after I did it this way.

novaking

Then get ready to throw it away when the plastic adaptor breaks after being removed a few times :D

Great pad - junk design for attachment :mad:

I installed 10400 limbsaver in my new SBE II with no problem. Just take off the benelli pad. The bracket will go between two raised ledges at the end of the stock. You can then insert the screws in the pad, line up the screws with the bracket. You may need a small flashlight to line up the holes by angling the pad to one side. Once the holes are lined up with the screws push the pad down in the stock and tighened the screws. Make sure you have a screwdriver that fits the screws exactly so you don't ream out the screw heads. Fits fine with no problem.

I have three limbsavers on a .243, Remington SF 1100, and now my SBE II.

Great pads. I like the flat pads better than the angled benelli pad, just fits better.

I figure if the bracket breaks it would be no problem to make another bracket with a jig saw from a piece of aluminum or thick plastic.

Would like to hear more on the 10402 though if the guy will respond.

For the pop in pads you will just start the screws into the plastic piece

through the recoil pad. This will have the plate loose on the recoil pad

but in a position to be pushed into the stock. That is the plastic piece

will be pushed into the stock. It will pop in and once in you can tighten

up the screws to hold it in place. If you have a standard stock you will

just unscrew the old pad and screw on the new one.

If you need anything further please call. This sometimes doesn't sound

right when typed out.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Perrott

Steven Sims Inc, DBA

Sims Vibration Lab

1-877-257-2761

According to the link, the 10402 is for the Nova, the 10400 or 10401 fit the SBEII. I installed a 10401 on my SBEII and it made a world of difference. The plastic insert does look breakable, but LimbSaver told me that they would gladly send a replacement if it broke. For the newer 2008 SBEII (like mine), you will have to tape the sides of the insert for a secure fit. Benelli extended the stock of the late 2008 SBEII and this makes the insert a little loose.

• 1 year later...

This is a pretty mixed up situation...

I ordered a 10402 Limbsaver from Tom Knapp. According to Limbsaver techs, that doesn't exist. In fact, the package that arrived says 10401. What is really going on?

I installed it on my Nova Tactical per the instructions below and although the fit could be just a little better, it's very good for a pre-fit pad and we are not aspiring to the "ooohhh ahhh" effect on the trap field every Saturday morning. :rolleyes:

Did I get a 10401 from Tom Knapp, like the package says, or did the 10402 pads come with 10401 labels and just include an adapter plate? Do the 10401 pads not have an adapter plate? Very confused here...

You actually do have the part number right,it is 10402.The 10402 is the same pad as the 10401,but it includes the plastic adapter mentioned in your thread earlier.You will need the adapter to mount the pad to your stock.Like was said earlier,the Limbsaver site doesn't mention the 10402,but your local dealer will probably have it.

I am pretty sure the gel pads are the same thickness as the LImbsaver,unless you get a smaller pad to reduce your length of pull.In my opinion I think the Limbsaver will reduce the felt recoil better than the factory gel pads,they are somewhat softer,and have less ribs inside so they will cushion better.

For the pop in pads you will just start the screws into the plastic piece

through the recoil pad. This will have the plate loose on the recoil pad

but in a position to be pushed into the stock. That is the plastic piece

will be pushed into the stock. It will pop in and once in you can tighten

up the screws to hold it in place. If you have a standard stock you will

just unscrew the old pad and screw on the new one.

If you need anything further please call. This sometimes doesn't sound

right when typed out.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Perrott

Steven Sims Inc, DBA

Sims Vibration Lab

1-877-257-2761

Edited by JNewell

Just to maybe close this out -

Ordered a 10402 from TK's store and the package arrived prominently labeled "10401." Package included the skeletonized expanding adapter plate. Bolted up to the Nova (regular, not Super, non-ComforTech) Tactical model buttstock just fine.

The upshot of the call with SVL CS was that the 10402 doesn't exist but the 10401 supercedes that part number. Sounds like they think the 10401 won't fit a SteadyGrip stock but I can't confirm that that's what they really think and I don't have one to try, so you're on your own with that one.

Great pad, btw. MUCH better than the hard rubber OEM pad.

I'm a bit curious about why one wants to install a limbsaver on an SBE II in the first place. I use my SBE II for both 3" and 3 1/2" loads with no problem. A few years ago I did install a limbsaver on my Nova and I'm glad I did. I must say though that the limbsaver installation instructions were not clear and I had to deal with alignment problems to get a good fit. Never-the-less, once installed (at least for the Nova), the limbsaver is a great product.

I'm a bit curious about why one wants to install a limbsaver on an SBE II in the first place. I use my SBE II for both 3" and 3 1/2" loads with no problem. A few years ago I did install a limbsaver on my Nova and I'm glad I did. I must say though that the limbsaver installation instructions were not clear and I had to deal with alignment problems to get a good fit. Never-the-less, once installed (at least for the Nova), the limbsaver is a great product.

Why? Because for me, with 3" turkey loads, the Benelli Comfortech pad doesn't soak up recoil nearly as well as the Limbsaver pad does, so why not use it? I installed the 10401 by the way.

• 9 years later...