post ban quest about pist gripped m4 with +2 ext

mike4

trying to find out two things. first , what the legalities are concerning the ban on a pistol gripped equipped sg that holds more than 5 rounds. i won't install my ben factory +2 without being sure. second , what variation(model) of m4 do i have of the several that have been made. the 1014 , 11707 , 117whatever?

Edited by mike4

new made within the last year or so should be model 11707 is black and 11717 is desert cammo.i just got a desert cammo 11717 on 2/22/09 it was fresh from the factory and came with the non collapsible stock,however the recoil spring tube excepted and fully collapsed my benelli factory collapsible stock.point is, older models m1014 and LE editions were made during some ban in which the recoil tubes could not except or fully collapse the skelotenized stocks.so u must have a current production model.it is my understanding that there is a federal law that makes it illegal to have the collapsible stock and two shot extension on together at the same time.so configure to your needs with one or the other.

i'm just trying to find out what model of the 6 or so m4's that have evolved i have. the bbl reads tm16--- with a yo1---- serial number. pretty sure it's a regular m4 . not a 1014. came with one ,installed choke and it appears to be knotched for removal. the m1014's choke don't come out i believe. also i think i have my answer on installing or not installing a benelli, factory +2 ext on my m4. it's illegal to have a pg sg with a cap of more than 5 , correct? i only paid a hundred bucks or so for it . i really wanted to install it but not if it's illegal... somehow i don't think it will be hard to sell it for a profit. i believe there are several variations of the m4. after owning mine for a year , i am now becoming interested in what mine might be. it's still unfired. bought it for my son the detective. as he rises up through the ranks i thought it would make a nice gift along with a 1973 3" ,nickel python i aquired recently. i bought it(the m4) for $1250.00 at a local gun show . nib with the telescoping stock. there was only one m4 at this large venders table , actually i only seen this one at the whole show so i instantly picked it up being there as soon as the doors to the show opened. thats a great price for any variation. i own a supernova tactical so i know how great benelli's are. i was hoping it(the m4) was a heavy bbl'd ,1014 but i think not at this point. i'm lovin it anyway. i kept the label on the box but i'm sure the numerical on the bbl tells the story. now i have to get cofirmation on the legalities of a +2extension and a pg stock. i think i rather keep the telesc stock on it because i hung a mesa 8 shell carrier on it and that seems to make up for the lack of a +2 ext. thanks waltershumate2 , appreciate the help. as for you , proffessor of english , mostly women own montefeltro's because of the extra slim grip. thats the one benelli i would'nt own. why not buy the super black eagle? to thick for your grip? hands to small? you wanna correct my spelling to? come down off your high horse and learn how to be a little nicer in the way you speak to and about people. if you wanna teach the english language , go on another site. people can make mistakes you know. we are'nt filing tax returns here... lighten up. give it a break. if your ever in brooklyn , look me up and i'll give you an english lesson... fuget abot it!

Edited by mike4

too bad you need the shift key so badly... i'll bet if we were locked in a room together you would'nt be so sarcastic. within 5 seconds ,you would be very helpfull and informative. forgot how the high end items breed high brow blowhards and keyboard wiseguys. I'll bet you two are over and under guys if you know what i mean. i know exactly the type of shmuck you guys are ... geeps

Edited by mike4

i'm just trying to find out what model of the 6 or so m4's that have evolved i have. the bbl reads tm16--- with a yo1---- serial number. pretty sure it's a regular m4 . not a 1014. came with one ,installed choke and it appears to be knotched for removal. the m1014's choke don't come out i believe. also i think i have my answer on installing or not installing a benelli, factory +2 ext on my m4. it's illegal to have a pg sg with a cap of more than 5 , correct? i only paid a hundred bucks or so for it . i really wanted to install it but not if it's illegal... somehow i don't think it will be hard to sell it for a profit. i believe there are several variations of the m4. after owning mine for a year , i am now becoming interested in what mine might be. it's still unfired. bought it for my son the detective. as he rises up through the ranks i thought it would make a nice gift along with a 1973 3" ,nickel python i aquired recently. i bought it(the m4) for $1250.00 at a local gun show . nib with the telescoping stock. there was only one m4 at this large venders table , actually i only seen this one at the whole show so i instantly picked it up being there as soon as the doors to the show opened. thats a great price for any variation. i own a supernova tactical so i know how great benelli's are. i was hoping it(the m4) was a heavy bbl'd ,1014 but i think not at this point. i'm lovin it anyway. i kept the label on the box but i'm sure the numerical on the bbl tells the story. now i have to get cofirmation on the legalities of a +2extension and a pg stock. i think i rather keep the telesc stock on it because i hung a mesa 8 shell carrier on it and that seems to make up for the lack of a +2 ext. thanks waltershumate2 , appreciate the help. as for you , proffessor of english , mostly women own montefeltro's because of the extra slim grip. thats the one benelli i would'nt own. why not buy the super black eagle? to thick for your grip? hands to small? you wanna correct my spelling to? come down off your high horse and learn how to be a little nicer in the way you speak to and about people. if you wanna teach the english language , go on another site. people can make mistakes you know. we are'nt filing tax returns here... lighten up. give it a break. if your ever in brooklyn , look me up and i'll give you an english lesson... fuget abot it!

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to be ugly or tee you off. But since you fried me pretty good, I guess we're "even." I was just having trouble following the dialogue. I should have been more appreciative of your burning desire to remain "legal," that's an admirable trait! And yes, I have small hands and my Monty fits me fine and is light enough that this old man can carry it all day in the field. I'll gladly leave the heavier guns to you young macho studs who can handle them! Have a good one. P.S. -- I AM a retired professor... but not in English.

too bad you need the shift key so badly... i'll bet if we were locked in a room together you would'nt be so sarcastic. within 5 seconds ,you would be very helpfull and informative. forgot how the high end items breed high brow blowhards and keyboard wiseguys. I'll bet you two are over and under guys if you know what i mean. i know exactly the type of shmuck you guys are ... geeps

But this is not nice?

it felt ok at the time but then i've been known to be a bit standoffish. we all kinda like the same stuff so lets keep it civil. you'll never find me making fun of a persons grammar. it's not what we come here for. no , i don't shift capitals at the begining of each sentence . so f***in what. look , i'm sorry for the hot lip . i'll admit i'm the first person to admit when" your " wrong. i have my info on my m4 ... i'm outa here. have a nice day.

it felt ok at the time but then i've been known to be a bit standoffish. we all kinda like the same stuff so lets keep it civil. you'll never find me making fun of a persons grammar. it's not what we come here for. no , i don't shift capitals at the begining of each sentence . so f***in what. look , i'm sorry for the hot lip . i'll admit i'm the first person to admit when" your " wrong. i have my info on my m4 ... i'm outa here. have a nice day.

Did the rifle/shotgun division give you problems registering the M4?

Fine. Thanks. And you'll never find me calling someone a shmuck or insinuating that they are gay just because they disagree with me. Yes, let's keep it civil.

"You're" welcome. I'm sorry you're so difficult to understand. Maybe you're a charming person in person who can take a joke, answer a question, and isn't a homophobe.

BTW, as to the rest of your little diatribe: pot kettle, kettle pot. "Your" drinking fountain is around back. Let me know if you need me to explain this to you. Also, I figured you for a .410 "snake charmer" kind of guy.