gun oil

ih4ever

Try www(dot)militec(dot)com Informally endorsed by Beretta.

They send lot's of free samples to troops in country... please support them.

The more you use the oil, and shoot, the more it bonds and it gets easier to clean after each use. I've used it on all of my pistols, carbines, & shotguns.

I would say if you have a bunch of rem oil I would not run out and get anything new before you run out. I have an M2 and I just use the Hoppes 9 that came with my cleaning kit and it works beautifully. Now CLP may be better as everyone says but I'm cheap like that haha.

Honestly ... it doesnt really matter.

So long as your gun is lubricated and isn't rusting, you can use whatever oil/lube/protectant you want.

There are various differences between offerings ...

I personally use breakfree clp for normal carefree cleaning, and I use machine gunners lube if I really want something to be oiled well and remain oiled.

You will find various information and reviews on just about any product, so your best bet is just to buy one in a small quantity and see if it works for you.

i'm wondering what negatives the teflon would offer in the cold temps of northern north america? rem oil's teflon is a great lube. light and thin. only it should be cleaned and re-applied as much as you fire. clp is just as thin. but teflonless. i clean with rem oil and clp but i want something a bit thicker on those friction points... militec is thicker and seems a better choice in the heat. whatever you use , you must clean and re-apply...clean and re-apply...clean and re...

I advise against militec. It has chlorinated parrafins which are carcinogenic, and it isn't an oil. I've found it doesn't keep the metal lubricated when dry as advertised. You're better off using CLP.

The Militec MSDS on their web site sez there are no carcinogenics...

"The materials in this product are not known to be carcinogenic or contain grater than 0.1 % carcinogenic compounds which would require reporting under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard 29 CFR 1910.1200."

The purpose of any gun oil is to keep the parts from wearing, and to let them move smoothly and evenly.

If the lube is too thick (viscous), especially in colder weather, then vital parts may not move in sync with the other parts. Same is true if too much gunk gets mixed into the lubricant. The parts will get sticky.

On the inertial M2000 I have had very good luck with Birchwood Casey Synthetic w/PTFE (teflon) in both warm and cold temps. Smooth action on all the parts, no abnormal wear marks. The nature of a synthetic w/teflon is to NOT use too much oil, the teflon will leave a dry film when needed. BUT with any synthetic (even in engines) you MUST keep applying the lube more often, this is becuase the synthetic has a tendency to flow away (it is slicker) from the metal. I use a simple needle applicator to give the gun parts tiny, tiny drinks of oil every now-&-then.shimanohypospitt250.jpg

44128_lrg.jpg

Has anyone used the Benelli Armi Oil? If so whear did you get it?

I had a son-in-law that was deployed on a ship in the Navy who was on a port visit in Naples Italy pick some up for me from a small Italian gun shop, a while back. OK, but I wouldn't go to Italy to buy it. CLP is better IMO.