Best comeback line concerning Gun Safety

MontefeltroPro

Highly decorated General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. This is a transcription of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters:

Female interviewer: So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

General: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

Lady: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

General: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

Lady: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

General: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

Lady: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

General: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

...the radio went momentarily silent and the interview ended.

Interesting and apparently, a very effective response to an otherwise ridiculous question.

Stuff like this always makes me think of automobile safety for some reason. I mean, after any necessary "training," cannot any "ill-minded" individual still cause just a much death and destruction behind the wheel of an automobile as they could with any "deadly" firearm?

Hmm..I guess you could say that anybody with a drivers license could be considered "trained to kill." Blah...

Either way, I like that guys response (Ill have to remember that one).

Edited by shotgunNoob