20 ga M2 or Cordoba

Matt D

I have a SBE II and a M2 (12ga) and I am looking for a Benelli 20ga to shoot quail, dove, partridge and prairie chickens. Logic tells me to get an M2, as its form and function will be similar to the M2 12ga I have, but I like the looks and intrigued by the Cordoba.

Thoughts and comments welcome and appreciated

I like the 20ga Ultralight too, but thought it would be fun to use a 20 for teal and ringneck ducks. That's why I was interested in the two others.

As for one of each of the Benellis, this gun is pay back for the kitchen remodel for my wife. I can't afford another one of those.

I like the 20ga Ultralight too, but thought it would be fun to use a 20 for teal and ringneck ducks. That's why I was interested in the two others.

As for one of each of the Benellis, this gun is pay back for the kitchen remodel for my wife. I can't afford another one of those.

Know what you mean... I just went through that with my wife... new Silestone counter-top, sink, range, etc. Next week comes the hardwood floors. I think this sets me up for a new gun?

I wrestled with the decision on the Ultralight but the deciding factor for me was the limited magazine capacity. In my state we can load five for non-migratory game. Since I usually give the quail a "warning shot" (a miss), I felt like I wanted five shots in the field. Since you are hunting migratory birds, this may not be an issue for you. My Montefeltro only weighs 5 1/2 lbs. so it's almost as light as the Ultralight. Holds five shots without the plug. And the plug is a breeze to take out... you just take of the forend cap and tilt it forward and the falls out. We DO have to plug for dove and I was checked out this last season by a game warden. Guy was very thorough and did everything except a prostate exam. Even went 200 yds. out of the way to check my pickup for hidden doves. Asked me a trick question as well... "How many did you get this morning?"... (we were hunting in the afternoon!) We follow the laws down here and it pays off.

I am using a 20 ga SuperSport for pheasant and its great. A light, cool looking gun and it patterns both lead and steel (for public grounds in Iowa and North Dakota) extremely well. It also has a window under the forend so that you can tell how many rounds are in the magazine.

Edited by BlackDogs3

The SuperSport is a great looking gun too. I am thinking more about going wiht the M2, ported barrels on the SuperSport and Cordoba might not make duck hunting buddies happy. But I think I'll at least wait to see "what is in the box"