A Theory on the New "Vinci"

onebarrelonedog

I am looking for the next shotgun to add to my collection (anticipated purchase sometime in the next few months) and I've been hoping, should the Vinci strike my fancy, that it will be available for purchase during this time frame. Anyway, in a Google search inspired by another possible gun choice, I cam across the following post by a rather confident sounding guy over on another site:

"I know what they’ve been working on, and, it’s likely to be what the new shotgun Vinci is. They’ve been working with TDI, the makers of the KRISS-V sub machine gun, to build their KRISS MVS Shotgun. The discription is as follows: “KRISS MVS Shotgun: TDI is in final development of what will be the most innovative breakthrough in auto-loading shotgun operating systems in more than 100 years. The KRISS MVS 12ga. shotgun will be chambered to 3″, feature a downward eject/feed system, and in keeping with the tradition of the KRISS Super V System, will reduce felt recoil and barrel elevation by as much as 50% over competitve gas or mechanically-operated auto-loaders and will be the fastest-cycling and lightest weapon in its class. No matter if your passion is the field, the pond or the range, please stay tuned to this site and look for the introduction of the KRISS MVS 12ga. at the 2008 ShotShow in Las Vegas…”

This is why the whole thing is such a big secret. It’s a completely new opporating system that will change the face of the semi-auto shotgun. Really, you must check this out."

found this over at thefirearmblog*com

Edited by onebarrelonedog

I am looking for the next shotgun to add to my collection (anticipated purchase sometime in the next few months) and I've been hoping, should the Vinci strike my fancy, that it will be available for purchase during this time frame. Anyway, in a Google search inspired by another possible gun choice, I cam across the following post by a rather confident sounding guy over on another site:

"I know what they’ve been working on, and, it’s likely to be what the new shotgun Vinci is. They’ve been working with TDI, the makers of the KRISS-V sub machine gun, to build their KRISS MVS Shotgun. The discription is as follows: “KRISS MVS Shotgun: TDI is in final development of what will be the most innovative breakthrough in auto-loading shotgun operating systems in more than 100 years. The KRISS MVS 12ga. shotgun will be chambered to 3″, feature a downward eject/feed system, and in keeping with the tradition of the KRISS Super V System, will reduce felt recoil and barrel elevation by as much as 50% over competitve gas or mechanically-operated auto-loaders and will be the fastest-cycling and lightest weapon in its class. No matter if your passion is the field, the pond or the range, please stay tuned to this site and look for the introduction of the KRISS MVS 12ga. at the 2008 ShotShow in Las Vegas…”

This is why the whole thing is such a big secret. It’s a completely new opporating system that will change the face of the semi-auto shotgun. Really, you must check this out."

found this over at thefirearmblog*com

Can't wait to hear reports from the 2008 SHOT Show :D

A downward ejecting semi-auto? Whodathunk :confused:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_105CTi.asp

Can't wait to hear about the 2007 SHOT Show next!

It did kind of read that way, but I think the KRISS technology was introduced last year for defense weaponry, and they're saying that Benelli will be utilizing the same type of system in the new Vinci.

Will the Benelli Vinci be to to the KRISS MVS what the Stoeger M200 has been to the SBE? :D

Thank you gentlemen for the information. I think the Kriss type system is probably the new innovation. I'm sure there is a patient on the Kriss system that Benelli either bought the rights to use or modified the system to get around the Kriss patient so as not to pay royalties.

I just sold one of my NIB SBE II'S for $1200 in anticipation of the Vinci. There is 2 things that will push me in another direction. #1 the cost. The SBE II is neer $1500 now and I bet the vinci is neer $2000. If it is I will buy a Win. SX3 and a Browning Maxus and have two for the price of one. #2 First year reliability issues.

I am a huge Benelli fan but needless to say I am not holding my breath on the Vinci.

Guest GunCrazyD

Not gonna be the KRISS system...why? becasue why would they throw away their own inertia system and start over? why would an Italian company contract with an american company who's produtcion capabilities are not up to the #'s Benelli would want? I seriously doubt this has anything to do with it..but speculation is fun! :D

Will the Benelli Vinci be to to the KRISS MVS what the Stoeger M200 has been to the SBE? :D

That's not funny. That would truly suck.

I'm still holding out for an awesome O/U. Mabye even a SxS - I don't have one of those yet so I'd have a reason to buy it. :D

Guest GunCrazyD
That's not funny. That would truly suck.

I'm still holding out for an awesome O/U. Mabye even a SxS - I don't have one of those yet so I'd have a reason to buy it. :D

they aren't gonna branch out into that....the Franchi and the Stoeger lines do those well for them....i believe they are gonna stay auto only..and pumps of course....

Novaking its a break open auto. like this but a hunting verson https://www.berettausa.com/e2wProduc...381:4100001524#

After looking at this gun I must admit this is probably the new Vinci slightly modified for field purposes. Better idea than I had. Probably easier from the legal angle of patents etc since Benelli is under the Beretta LLC umbrella.

Edited by hunter1

• 2 weeks later...

So, wait...we know it's going to be a semi-auto owing to the information already provided in the ad. Does it also say it's going to be a hunting gun?

We figure out what this thing in a little over a week, but does anyone have any idea when it will be available for purchase?

I'm a bit worried about price...any clues?

Last question - how have Benellies (is that the plural?) been in the past regarding general performance when it's the first year in which a new model has been available? In other words, is there a reason to not buy a Vinci right away if it's the sort of gun you're looking for?

The suspense is ridiculous....

Does it also say it's going to be a hunting gun?

We figure out what this thing in a little over a week, but does anyone have any idea when it will be available for purchase?

I'm a bit worried about price...any clues?

Last question - how have Benellies (is that the plural?) been in the past regarding general performance when it's the first year in which a new model has been available?

In other words, is there a reason to not buy a Vinci right away if it's the sort of gun you're looking for?

The suspense is ridiculous....

Yes.

After March 31st, 2009.

No.

Fine.

No.

I find it delicious :)